Reliable Notary In Bangkok Needed

w11guy

Does anyone know of a reliable notary that is reasonably priced, preferably in Silom area, although anywhere along BTS would be OK. I need some non-Thai documents notarized either today or tomorrow if possible.

No such (official, lawful) thing as a notary in Thailand. Some documents can be done at the US Embassy, Consular Section, but limited in scope. Although Thai lawyers have an association of 'notaries', there is no law codifying notarial services in Thailand, and such a service would be worthless for non-Thai purposes.

• Like 1

No such (official, lawful) thing as a notary in Thailand. Some documents can be done at the US Embassy, Consular Section, but limited in scope. Although Thai lawyers have an association of 'notaries', there is no law codifying notarial services in Thailand, and such a service would be worthless for non-Thai purposes.

Thanks for that. I just found that out too, so now I need to come up with a plan B.

I believe the Thai word for a notary is, pu rap rong laai sen.

There is one at Asoke BTS station.

In the past I have used bank managers and police stations with no problems for non Thai purposes.

The OP doesnt say what he needs notarizing, if its the usual passport or driving license for banking purposes in the Uk such as opening a new account,I have photocopied my documents, wrote in English the usual drivel, "I certify this is etc etc", then had them signed and stamped up, never had a problem.

I believe the Thai word for a notary is, pu rap rong laai sen.

There is one at Asoke BTS station.

In the past I have used bank managers and police stations with no problems for non Thai purposes.

The OP doesnt say what he needs notarizing, if its the usual passport or driving license for banking purposes in the Uk such as opening a new account,I have photocopied my documents, wrote in English the usual drivel, "I certify this is etc etc", then had them signed and stamped up, never had a problem.

I need it for a Croatian document and an Apostille stamp is essential. Even the Croatian Consulate can't do it. I think my plan B is to fly to Croatia.

Edited by w11guy