Mrs. Fields Cookie Outlets In Bangkok

Took a trip to the recently opened Mega Bangna Mall the other day, and was surprised to find a Mrs. Fields cookies shop on the ground floor of the mall in one of the middle-aisle island spaces. Asked the staff there about other locations, and the girl I spoke with said their only other location at present is upstairs in Siam Paragon.

The cookies we tried at Mega Bangna were decently fresh and tasty. The shop there also was offering various coffee and other drinks along with their cookies, muffins and bars/brownies. The "chewy fudge" cookie and "chocolate lovers" cookie we tried were both priced at 39 baht.

The shop also had a very professional, glossy, color tri-fold brochure on Mrs. Fields with most of the text in English, but some inserts in Thai, and a Facebook address for Thailand:

www.facebook.com/mrs.fieldsthailand

The Facebook page is mostly in Thai language, but does appear to indicate an opening date for Thailand of April 2012.

post-58284-0-46665100-1342186892_thumb.j

Mrs. Fields Cookies Shop at Mega Bangna, first floor

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Ya, that's kind of weird regarding Paragon.

I'm in and out of Siam Paragon for various things pretty regularly, and I've never seen a Mrs. Fields shop there (though presumably it's only been opened in the past few months). I wanna say the staff person at Bangna said the Paragon location was on the third or fourth floor -- not downstairs in the food court or supermarket area where a lot of the other food outlets are located.

Nonetheless, the day we were at Mega Bangna on a Sunday afternoon, the Mrs. Fields shop there was doing quite a brisk business, and basically all Thai customers (except for me). In fact, they were taking orders so fast during our afternoon visit that the lone guy at the cash register couldn't keep up with the incoming orders, and things were backing up, and lots of people sitting around waiting for their orders.

Probably different on a weekday or less crowded time. But on that Sunday afternoon, a girl on the outside of their kiosk would take your order on a paper sheet after you'd looked at the various choices available in their display case. And then you'd sit down at some small stools and tables they had adjoining the kiosk, and wait for your order to be called to go, pay and get your sweets. We probably waited about 5 minutes to get our two cookies.

Yep, it's on the fourth floor near the escalators, same side as LV shop. There's a Starbucks and couple of other similar shops as well, but really no foot traffic. In other words if you don't where it is you wouldn't know it was there.

I happened to pass by it by chance on a Tuesday afternoon and again over the weekend, and both times there was no line.

I'm sure if it was in food court area it would do much better. I did try a cookie and gotta admit pretty close to what have back in the US.

Edited by arkom

I remember when Mrs. Fields first tried to open in Bangkok on Silom Road in Bangkok in about 1992. Pretty much all the customers were Westerners and Thais had no interest in the place. It folded after a year or so and only came back fairly recently. Thailand has really changed.

I remember when Mrs. Fields first tried to open in Bangkok on Silom Road in Bangkok in about 1992. Pretty much all the customers were Westerners and Thais had no interest in the place. It folded after a year or so and only came back fairly recently. Thailand has really changed.

I imagine a lot of locals might have thought Mrs Fields cookies undercooked, being used to dry store-bought cookies.

• Like 1

There used to be a time (about 30 years ago) when the general Thai population don't eat pizza because they don't like cheese.

I imagine a lot of locals might have thought Mrs Fields cookies undercooked, being used to dry store-bought cookies.