Aircon Bad Luck Or Bad Design?

I have 4 different sized Samsung inverter aircons. Had them 2 years and have had them serviced 8 times recently. So much for saving money... I've had 3 geckos destroy 3 circuit boards. Is this bad luck or bad design? I think I'll cut my losses and but a new brand. Who makes the best Aircons and why?

Edited by ubonrthai

This forum is called "Internet, computer, communication, technology"

Aircons are technology. If there is a better forum, please move. I always try to post in relevant forums. Thanks.

Edited by ubonrthai

I'll be buying one soon too. Mitsubishi gets my vote simply based on word of mouth. I have noticed samsung get a lot of bad press from posters here, and even from a salesperson at powerbuy the other day.... particularly bad seem to be their aircons and washer/dryers supposedly.

Here is a good thread that I was just reading a week or so ago....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/76538-air-conditioners-which-brand-best/

• Like 1

Yes the Samsung remote is annoying. You have to be within a couple meters and point it right at the front. The blue light that automatically comes on is really annoying. The cute sound when you turn it off/on is really annoying. Once running it is very quiet though. I've been told to buy Mitsubishi Mr. Slim from family members but I wasn't sure if that was reliable info or just their recent marketing on TV. The Samsung repairman that came today admitted they are getting tons of complaints.

When the Common House Gecko, chee chak, chi chak, chee chuck, tjitjak, jing-jok, จิ้งจก, (Hemidactylus frenatus) caused problems it has nothing to do with a bad brand of your airco and lots of times the same can happen with ants destroying (making a short-circuit) in appliances. mainly the 230-Volts side.

Edited by mistitikimikis