Curry

bitewhentested

hi one thing iv missed living in the land of smiles for the last 6 or 7 years is a good British style Indian curry

iv tried a few of the local places not much to write home about ok but not as good as back home

but i was in rimping

supermarket the other night and came across a frozen curry from a company called British curry nights i had chicken jalfrezi

and a nan bread from the same company did not hold out much hope thought it would be ok at best but was amazed to find it was excellent just as good as any id ever had in the uk and being British iv eaten more Indian take aways

​than mother Teresa had flip flops it was that good iv been back since and filled my freezer

and im on the look out for some nice red embossed wallpaper and a cheesy Indian cd to listen to while i eat lol i hope they start to do poppadoms that really would make my day

​as far as i know its a new venture so get behind them and give them a go they really are very good you wont be disappointed

and will be back for more

eat responsibly lol enjoy your day

Before posting please check your font. There are some lines that are impossible to read

Agreed.

I was wondering if he did it on purpose because the product was non existent. I was able to blow the size up and there was no name given for the product.

Possibly a troll just playing with us.

Before posting please check your font. There are some lines that are impossible to read

Agreed.

I was wondering if he did it on purpose because the product was non existent. I was able to blow the size up and there was no name given for the product.

The product is called British Curry Nights, he does mention that. It has been discussed on TV before

smokie36.

re ... He's bigging up some place in Rimping

about a month ago rimping started to make a small chicken curry pie

of their own which is quite nice and can be found in the fridge

opposite the fresh meat counter.

its not huge but at 85 baht its my tea once a week and if they have

them their cottage pie is nice as well

dave2

ps.. i usually have a 30 baht mango like this for my pudding and dave2 is happy : )

post-42592-0-89978900-1342312837_thumb.j

post-42592-0-41788200-1342313347_thumb.j

Agreed.

Hello Dolly if you read it he clearly names the product from British Curry Nights, regards Worgeordie

smokie36.

re ... He's bigging up some place in Rimping

about a month ago rimping started to make a small chicken curry pie

of their own which is quite nice and can be found in the fridge

opposite the fresh meat counter.

its not huge but at 85 baht its my tea once a week and if they have

them their cottage pie is nice as well

dave2

ps.. i usually have a 30 baht mango like this for my pudding and dave2 is happy : )

rimping cottage pie are only good until you tried sk onesbiggrin.png

I had a couple of these curries on the recommendation of a friend of mine who has been here for a while - (me being new) they are great really enjoyed them they are marked up British Indian Restaurant Curries from a company called Curry Nights my wife told me they were made here in Chiangmai - amazing i will be having them every week

I had a couple of these curries on the recommendation of a friend of mine who has been here for a while - (me being new) they are great really enjoyed them they are marked up British Indian Restaurant Curries from a company called Curry Nights my wife told me they were made here in Chiangmai - amazing i will be having them every week

+ 1

Agreed.

The product is called British Curry Nights, he does mention that. It has been discussed on TV before

Ad Nauseum

• Like 1

How much are they and do they include rice?

Edited by uptheos

I have tried curry in India too so I really do hope that you are kidding.

My wife and I have been buying Curry Nights for some months now and they are really authentic.I have spent a lot of time in India and have always enjoyed real Indian food.This is as close as it gets.

Edited by ARISTIDE

My wife and I have been buying Curry Nights for some months now and they are really authentic.I have spent a lot of time in India and have always enjoyed real Indian food.This is as close as it gets.

The OP describes them as 'good British style Indian curry' and nicksal37 says 'this is as close as it gets' to real Indian food (having spent a lot of time in India).

I've also spent a lot of time (years) in India and one of them is absolutely wrong. British style Indian curry is NOTHING like you would get in India!

Come on guys own up, which one of you hasn't really tried them?

Edited by uptheos

How much are they and do they include rice?

Sorry I'm still finding my way around this forum. There are various prices and in my opinion well worth the money - all the curries i have had up to now have had great quality meat in no skimping in any way - when you pick up a frozen food product you immediately think what's this going to be - i have been very impressed indeed - and to be honest for about 3 quid they are fantastic back in the UK they would be at least 6 quid from the take away and may be more. I had a Chicken saagwala the other night - chicken and spinach ( i like spinach) best I've had. These definitely are not authentic curries these have the British taste that we Brits are used to - well done to them and i hope they keep making. I will be one of their customers.

Nicksal37...ex British Airways long haul crew ? I have only been to India about 100 times in the 30 years I worked for them....ARISTIDE and you?

How long I lived in India is none of your business and I really couldn't care less if you've spent time going to and from the soyuz space station, the fact still remains that a good style 'British Indian Curry' is NOTHING like you would get in India.

So, is curry nights your 'real Indian food' version or the OP's, as they are both completely different..... that's all I ask?

You haven't tried them have you?

'uptheos' usually, you seem to be relatively "even-keeled" poster, but something about the curry threads brings out he fire in you. What's up?

You've went from telling everyone about the curry issue has been discussed "Ad Nauseum" to having the highest post count in this thread.

Then you decided that two different posters could not have two different opinions about their curry.

'

You accused 'nicksal37' of not knowing what an Indian curry tastes like, he responds by telling you that he has been many many times, and this angers you? - ok maybe it was the point that he could obviously count as an expert in Indian curries...

On top of this, you accuse the two posters of being liars that hasn't actually tasted the curry. - well, at least one of them....

A simple explanation could be that one of the posters has inadvertently eaten the one of competitions curries. It's an easy mistake as the packaging seems to be an almost exact copy....

Nicksal37...ex British Airways long haul crew ? I have only been to India about 100 times in the 30 years I worked for them....ARISTIDE and you?

How long I lived in India is none of your business and I really couldn't care less if you've spent time going to and from the soyuz space station, the fact still remains that a good style 'British Indian Curry' is NOTHING like you would get in India.

So, is curry nights your 'real Indian food' version or the OP's, as they are both completely different..... that's all I ask?

You haven't tried them have you?

They ar not bad compared with 'English' style curries but compared with real Indian in India a lot different. Try Sausage King's Curries they are on par with these, I mix and match to get the combination that I want.

I have tried curry in India too and it was amazing.

I think India may be a fairly sizable place, with food and dining of different types and at many levels.

• Like 1

I think India may be a fairly sizable place, with food and dining of different types and at many levels.

Same principle may apply to the masaman curry, never like it but it's a confirmed number one food in the world

"A simple explanation could be that one of the posters has inadvertently eaten the one of competitions curries. It's an easy mistake as the packaging seems to be an almost exact copy"....

Are you referring to Sausage King's curries at 99 Baht?

Curry nights are 169 Baht I believe?

Fancy the packaging being almost the same, one needs to be careful when shopping.......could pick up a curry nights by mistake. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

I haven't tried either, nor bought either so couldn't say either way. But from reading the past thread about curries, it seems the consensus is to pay more for a better product...

"A simple explanation could be that one of the posters has inadvertently eaten the one of competitions curries. It's an easy mistake as the packaging seems to be an almost exact copy"....

Fancy the packaging being almost the same, one needs to be careful when shopping.

I haven't tried either, nor bought either so couldn't say either way. But from reading the past thread about curries, it seems the consensus is to pay more for a better product...

Fancy the packaging being almost the same, one needs to be careful when shopping.

Maybe better to try them both Steve, then you can be objective.

you pay your money and take your chance... i do prefer to pay a little extra and have a great meal that resembles back home or even better in some cases.

So they're nothing like 'real Indian food eaten in India'?

Good for you to get out as you're new here, there's more to Chiang Mai than frozen curries.....and barking dogs

OTT springs to mind.wink.png

Edited by uptheos