What'S Happening On Vijit Road.

NomadJoe

I'm curious if anyone knows what was going on earlier tonight on Vijit Rd in front of the 7 and Family Mart, where the horse stables are. Lot's of police, though they looked mostly like Or Bor Tor police, and lots of people sitting along the road watching. Not a check point as a group of kids rode through with no helmets. Also noticed a big event at Sinbai Muay Thai on Rawai/Kata Rd, again with lots of police out front, although they were in fatigues and looked military.

Something to do with the recent murder of a Chalong girl, not sure though!

Yes, could be. This morning there was one of those tents there used for funerals and weddings, with lots of people eating. But I thought the location of the village where she lived and was murdered is not that that location.

driving back home to saiyuan from town on saturday night, i passed three checkpoints with lots of police & guys in military fatigues. i wasn't stopped once. there was an article in the thai newspaper last wednesday or thursday stating that police presence in chalong, nai harn & rawai had been expanded by 20 or so officers due to increasing crime in the area. not sure if that is the explanation or not, but driving the road beside rawai temple last night, i noticed two police officers there, and in my experience, none have ever been.

Sorry, forgot to add: when I passed by Sinbi this morning it looked like yesterday evening they had their regular monthly? fighting event.

Yeah that makes since. I didn't know they did this, but that is what it looked like. Some event anyway.

driving back home to saiyuan from town on saturday night, i passed three checkpoints with lots of police & guys in military fatigues. i wasn't stopped once. there was an article in the thai newspaper last wednesday or thursday stating that police presence in chalong, nai harn & rawai had been expanded by 20 or so officers due to increasing crime in the area. not sure if that is the explanation or not, but driving the road beside rawai temple last night, i noticed two police officers there, and in my experience, none have ever been.

And the current cover of PG is an article about stepping up the use of volunteers due to the number of high profile incidents. Buried in that article is a report of a couple of Thai's robbed by two men with a machete on Soi Sammakke 2 ifo Tiger Muay Thai. One guy was slightly cut on the neck. I had not seen that reported elsewhere.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1