London To Phuket

radster2212

Hello all just booked a trip to Thailand for the first time and really excited and staying in Phuket for 8 days and was wondering if anyone can advise of bars, clubs to avoid due to the scams etc I'm reading alot about. Also any good tips for places to visit etc will be greatly appreciated and could mean a few drinks on me when I'm out lol.. I always keep my promises.

Thanks

Rad

You have already done your homework. Walk around to find your preferred place and Do not promise anything to anyone.

Thank you for that update I was just reading a post of yours about your phone and laptop really glad you wee not harmed.

Rad

This sounds interesting. Would you mind to elaborate it a bit?

Hi Rad,

help us help you and describe a little more of what you are after.

You want big nightlife? Best stay in Patong, the C&N just across from Bangla is strategic.

Need chill beachtime cuz home and work has you frazzeled, Karon.

Want midway of those two, consider Kata, Kata Villas across from the Karon Beach Resort is optional because you can walk into Kata (there is some nightlife there), and also you have tuk-tuks right there on the corner to take you to Patong.

Everyone bags on tuk-tuks, but they are a necessary evil as there is not good public transportation and don't try and ride back to Kata on a scooter drunk out of your mind with girl on back at 4:00AM.

Anyway get over here, "sun is shining, the weather is sweet, makes me want to move, my dancing feet"

Yep have heard that and to walk away from any taxi that does not run the meter. Oh and Jet Ski's...

Don't fall in love!!

then it would be a wasted trip!

seriously, don't stay in patong, stay somewhere nice then visit patong for the evening when you want to let your hair down.

Hi Rad,

help us help you and describe a little more of what you are after.

You want big nightlife? Best stay in Patong, the C&N just across from Bangla is strategic.

Need chill beachtime cuz home and work has you frazzeled, Karon.

Want midway of those two, consider Kata, Kata Villas across from the Karon Beach Resort is optional because you can walk into Kata (there is some nightlife there), and also you have tuk-tuks right there on the corner to take you to Patong.

Everyone bags on tuk-tuks, but they are a necessary evil as there is not good public transportation and don't try and ride back to Kata on a scooter drunk out of your mind with girl on back at 4:00AM.

Anyway get over here, "sun is shining, the weather is sweet, makes me want to move, my dancing feet"

What do you want to do and what's your budget and when are you coming here?

And yes the sun is shining today and it's a bit warm. 90º F with 60% humidity. Better than 86º with 90% humidity I suppose...