Nearest Immigration Office To Saraburi

Simple question really. I might be relocating to Saraburi soon with my (Thai) family, and just wondered if there's an immigration office nearer than Bangkok?

Address, telephone, and how to get there on public transport would be appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance

Edited by geoffphuket

You do not have a choice - you must use the office assigned to your area of residence.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&t=w&ll=15.087534,100.770612&spn=0.538334,0.795135&z=10&vpsrc=6&iwloc=00047bfa4a9af0b9417b4

Lopburi Immigration Office

Last Updated by Maestro on Jan 2, 2010

—— Postal address ——

Immigration Office

Amphoe Muang

Lopburi 15000 ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

ภ.จว.ลพบุรี

อ.เมือง

จ.ลพบุรี15000

Phone: 0-3642-2909, 0-3642-4686

Service Area: Provinces of Lopburi, Saraburi, Chainat, Sing Buri

• Like 1

The staff at that office is very friendly and helpful as well. It's considerably smaller than the Bangkok office, and things (for me, at least) always ran smoothly. Good luck in your move!

Also there are a few staff members who speak English pretty well, so if all else fails while speaking in Thai, you still should be fine.

Edited by hookedondhamma
  • Like 1

The building indicated on the map is the actual Police Station, Immigration is just to the right (as you look at it) and set back a little. As has been said, I have also always found the Staff to be very helpful.

As to getting there on public transport, there are lots of buses and mini buses traveling along route 1. As you enter Lopburi from the Saraburi direction it's the first round-about, get off as soon as the vehicle leaves the round-about; there are bus stops at that point.

Edited by Nibor1945
  • Like 1

Anything much to do in the general area? Looks a bit bleak compared to Phuket

My situation is a little different than most on this forum, but in my opinion, yes. You can go check out the 'ruins' in various areas, and there's also the Mon area, BangKanMak, where every Friday (or maybe it's Saturday I don't remember) there's an open market on the temple grounds of Wat Glang. It's a beautiful culture and the abbot there is quite a character.

There's more I'm sure, but other members could probably tell you a bit more. Good luck! I actually miss being there sometimes.

• Like 1

The building indicated on the map is the actual Police Station, Immigration is just to the right (as you look at it) and set back a little. As has been said, I have also always found the Staff to be very helpful.

Thank you, Nibor, for that information. I have moved the marker and should be grateful if you checked and let me know if it is now in front of the correct building, ie at the entrance door of the Lopburi immigration office.

https://maps.google....fa4a9af0b9417b4

Do you drive into that compound from Thep Satri 1?

This may sound off topic but judging from the many comments of the immigration topics concerning the offices outside of Bangkok, generally most of the offices give excellent service with very few negative comments.

Some have been very useful such as when someone commented that the Nonthaburi office wanted a copy of the face page of our passports when doing the 90 day reports. I have to use the Nonthaburi office and as a result of reading it, I had a copy of my passport page ready and it only took 2 minutes to complete the task. Now they have affixed a bar code sticker to my passport for the next report. I will be very interested how long the next report takes. The last report was a little time consuming mainly due to entering my data into the computer.

My compliments to the moderator for this forum concerning immigration.

Geoff

Where will you be located in Saraburi, it's a pretty large province. Which amphur?

Mac

Mac nice try, its actually one of Thailands smallest province's. (56th) at 3,576 km2. Its neighbour to the East at 20,494 km2 is considerably bigger! ph34r.png

Thank you, Nibor, for that information. I have moved the marker and should be grateful if you checked and let me know if it is now in front of the correct building, ie at the entrance door of the Lopburi immigration office.

https://maps.google....fa4a9af0b9417b4

Do you drive into that compound from Thep Satri 1?

Unfortunately your link is now not showing any buildings in the compound, here's an old link you posted:

http://maps.google.c...4,0.003406&z=18

I'm not to good with cutting and pasting but the link above should show the correct building, indicated by the green arrow. You can enter/exit via Thep Satri 1, however the main entrance is directly off the round-about.

P.S. I've checked it and that new link does now show the correct building.

Edited by Nibor1945