Picture In Cv?

In Europe a picture in a CV would be frowned upon, but in Thailand it seems to be a bit of a norm, I see it all the time in Thai national CV's submitted, however never on an expat CV.

OP if you are an expat I would say go the western norm and dont put one in in.

Edited by Soutpeel

It helps ... the recruiter discriminate against you based upon your skin colour or level of attractiveness. Whilst not normal practice in the occident, it would avoid time wasted in interview here if your face doesn't fit.

• Like 1

It helps ... the recruiter discriminate against you based upon your skin colour or level of attractiveness. Whilst not normal practice in the occident, it would avoid time wasted in interview here if your face doesn't fit.

It does help indeed and also it depends in what profession you are in, although having a pciture certainly helps the recruiter in any job. Please ensure that you are wearing a shirt and tie if its an executive or service orientated position. In fact wearing a tie and shirt always helps no matter what. Don't send a picture in when you are in a bar or with your arm around a girl you met in Pattaya, they get put straight in the bin.smile.png

Pictures almost always required with CV's sent to Thai employers and companies. Do not know about requirement for Foreigners. Have never submitted one ever. The reason is that many Thai's/companies hire employees based on looks that would be illegal under many Western laws.

I've had several CV's sent to me here and I've never seen a CV in Thailand with a picture attached to it. Nor have I heard from others that pictures attached to CV's were necessary.

Best of luck! wai.gif

I have seen Thai CV with pictures, but I don't think as a frang you should do that

Not all employers ask for a picture, in my experience the ones that do are usually local Thai companies. Large or MNC don't ask for it until you go in for an interview or officially hired. Personally for I don't include my picture unless the job listing specifically asks for one.

Edited by arkom