Tv Documentary On Sex Trafficking In Thailand Delves Into The Bangkok Underworld

webfact

Lies, all lies, from a journalist who is pimping to make a few bucks.

There is only 3 streets in the whole of Bangkok that have bars and gogo bars etc.

The girls are here to make money and the Russians and East European women can be found prostituing in most major cities and some small ones all over Europe.

So please don't make false reporting on Thailand.

These women no full well why they come here and to other cities of the world.

When they are caught by the police or a journalist they always say that they didn't know why the agent brought them here for.

The woman that said she came to be a painter??? Oh come on!

They also want to save face in case their family find out what they are doing.

I have met and spoken to many women both here and in the UK and they are more than happy to do this work, as in 6 months to a year they can buy a house in their own country.

The only people being decieved here are the viewers to this tired old chestnut story about "Bangkok the city of sin"

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, I still can't stop laughing over that post which said : "Stayed two nights at Grace Hotel, only because it was right next to Bumrungrad Hospital and I needed a recovery place." Grace actually requires you to cross the very busy road from Bumrungrad and I can't see why a person under medical treatment would undertake that tortuous task. There are several other hotels adjacent to Bumrungrad. Besides, all the shenanigans of Grace are quite apparent at the lobby when you check in. You should have retreated at that stage, bro ! rolleyes.gif

The lobby is a bit lower than the "hang-out" (bro) tongue.png (Oh. and I'm waiting for replies as "what are you doing there"???) biggrin.png

Lies, all lies, from a journalist who is pimping to make a few bucks.

There is only 3 streets in the whole of Bangkok that have bars and gogo bars etc.

The girls are here to make money and the Russians and East European women can be found prostituing in most major cities and some small ones all over Europe.

So please don't make false reporting on Thailand.

These women no full well why they come here and to other cities of the world.

When they are caught by the police or a journalist they always say that they didn't know why the agent brought them here for.

The woman that said she came to be a painter??? Oh come on!

They also want to save face in case their family find out what they are doing.

I have met and spoken to many women both here and in the UK and they are more than happy to do this work, as in 6 months to a year they can buy a house in their own country.

The only people being decieved here are the viewers to this tired old chestnut story about "Bangkok the city of sin"

"There is only 3 streets in the whole of Bangkok that have bars and gogo bars etc." cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Some of the maths does not add up. 2k or 3k baht all night, but said they are making the pimps $1,000 a day?

Hmmm, these broads are more expensive than local talent. Normal price for a free-lancer on Sukhumvit was B1000 for short time last visit. Thai girls are so much hotter than whites too...

The principal reason why the politicians and police do not combat this issue is because most of them directly profit from it or get their jollies from it. Like asking a man to punch himself. Never going to happen.

However, I think this is the first ever marginally well written news article in the Nation. They actually used the word scandalous. Getting better.

The principal reason why the politicians and police do not combat this issue is because most of these women are from the underclasses of society. The bottom line is that the public in general do not care about their welfare and these issues are given low priority.

Basically they are prostitutes waiting to happen and it`s just a case that these criminal gangs have found ways of exploiting and manipulating the girls, mostly of low educate, who are willing to make a living by working in the sex industries. This means that if the job works out, they are prostitutes and if the terms of employment are not what they expect, than they become trafficked sex slaves.

The solution would be to legalise prostitution worldwide and place the whole industry under Government controls. The women would receive some protection under the laws, with properly run establishments including imposed health checks and working conditions, plus the Governments could claim taxes from the earnings and profits from the sex industries, so everyone benefits, including the clients.

Of course this would not completely eradicate corruption and the criminal elements attached to the sex industries, but at least it would give these women protection and legal rights under the laws and make the whole profession less viable to the human traffickers and other criminals associated with it.

Legalize sex for money, yes! Regulation and taxes, NO. As a liberty lover, I do not want any expansion of government. Gov't = waste, fraud and abuse. Let the free market operate. Let prostitutes keep the fruits of their labor. Let men make their best deal in the place and with the girl they really want. No middle men, please.

• 1 month later...

The Grace Hotel used to be a fun place to go 10+ years ago and was open into the wee hours... that is until the Arab and African contingent started arriving in numbers. Now the whole area is a no go for me.

Sad to see the place turn into what it has become but this was instigated by this Government when they decided to turn the area into a Middle-Eastern tourist ghetto.

The Grace Hotel used to be a fun place to go 10+ years ago and was open into the wee hours... that is until the Arab and African contingent started arriving in numbers. Now the whole area is a no go for me.

Sad to see the place turn into what it has become but this was instigated by this Government when they decided to turn the area into a Middle-Eastern tourist ghetto.

Right. II use to go there a bunch back in 2001-3. Great place to go after hours. But that whole area has gotten strange. Just no fun any more.

This is one reason the Thai government officials said they were cracking down. Lots of foreigners with heavy overseas mafia connections. The general in charge of the operation was the one who broke the Russian mafia years ago. I don't know anything about that.