How To Find Nice Apartments Outside A City?

finy

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how I can find a nice cheap apartment outside a city. I'm not to sure where yet.

Hopefully I'll be coming soon and I know I'll have to book somewhere for a few days. Will I need to ask a local to help me, or are there ways to find one without speaking Thai.

It might be Chiang Mai I go to for cheapness, but could be anywhere really. I'm looking for 5k maximum plus bills . Maybe 8k total with Internet.

Cheers

Have a look at this post here.

South of Bangkok, prices start at 5,000 a month, utilities extra, internet B400 a month from memory, simple Gym, older style, but large pool, heaps of food across the road ... etc.

From there it's a 8 Baht songtell ride to the BTS Bearing.

If it's specifically Chiang Mai you wish, maybe better to get your OP moved there.

OH ... like anywhere, read the meter personally the day you move in AND the day you leave ... they try it on. They know me as I had stayed there once before and the water use tripled from one month to the next ... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 1

For good prices, the best bet is to just drive around the areas / neighborhoods you're interested in, and looking for small "for rent" (in Thai) signs. The best deals you find aren't advertised on the internet or in newspapers. They're on little plastic signs the owners put up on utility poles, or by word of mouth.

And yes, you're either going to need to know Thai, or have a Thai help you.

Edited by cdnmatt
  • Like 1

From there it's a 8 Baht songtell ride to the BTS Bearing.

songtell -- is that a songtaew with a spoken word karoke system installed?

I am sure the OP found your contribution constructive ... dry.png

But, for the pedantic amongst us ... it's a post-104736-0-96769200-1342851902_thumb.

As for the 'spoken word karoke system installed' ... maybe in your and other areas ... but not where you take this truck ... biggrin.png

Ps it’s a karaoke system, not a karoke ... ermm.gif

Edited by David48