Can'T Post Thai Script

Peppy

Like the title says--the Thai script in my posts in the Thai language forum has been showing up as nothing but ampersands, pound signs, and numbers since Thursday, like this:

ถ้าคุณอ่าน

ข้อความนี้ได้ แสดงว่าไม่

มีปัญหาแล้ว

I hadn't changed anything with my computer prior to having this problem, and playing with the encoding settings right now doesn't seem to help anything. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I should add that I can see Thai-script messages from other posters just fine, which leads me to believe that the problem may be on my end. I just have no idea how it started or how to fix it.

Edited by Peppy

I just wrote 'testing' in Thai and also have that issue (see below). I've seen this before a several weeks ago

and it ended up being a coding issue in the forum software. An upgrade was just done a few

days ago so possibly it. I will peek around and see if I can find the original post of the last

time this problem occurred.

การทดสอบ

If I may add, if someone feels an urgent need to post Thai script there are other ways to do it. Windows should have s similar

feature but I have a Mac. You type up what you want to post, then use the Grab utility , capture selection, select the text and

save it. Then open it up with Preview and export it as a jpg because I don't think tiff extensions will post. Then attach it to

your post.

If I may add, if someone feels an urgent need to post Thai script there are other ways to do it. Windows should have s similar

feature but I have a Mac. You type up what you want to post, then use the Grab utility , capture selection, select the text and

save it. Then open it up with Preview and export it as a jpg because I don't think tiff extensions will post. Then attach it to

your post.

On Windows 7 it is the Snipping Tool found under Accessories. Hopefully the fix won't take too long.

your post.

Yep ... did a similiar action when I wanted to post something in Thai ... posted it as a .jpeg photo.