Yingluck Says Europe Has Confidence In Thailand

Lite Beer

The German Chancellor said during the press conference that a MoU, proposed by Thai government, will be negotiated by German government owned "Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH" (english: German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) Ltd.),

Further they spoke about a visit of the German Federal Minister of Commerce in September where they discuss cooperation in the private sector.

German chancellor also offered help in areas of renewable energy, state of the art coal-fired power plants and vocational training / university education.

Note: GIZ has a regional office in Bangkok. According to GIZ homepage, there are 25 foreign experts, 75 national (I guess Thai) experts, 11 CIM experts and 15 "weltwärts"- volunteers currently in Thailand.

Notes of the press conference (in German) at the official website of the German Chancellor: http://www.bundeskan...m-thailand.html

edit: They also mentioned cooperation for food safety (To avoid Thai exports send back from the EU, by not passing standard tests there.)

The site pointed to has the press statement from the 18th. In German, but never mind. Interesting is the sentence

"We agree to further extend our relations/cooperations, especially the strategies regarding 'democratisation', 'judicial state (rule of law)' and 'human rights'." (apologies, my German starts to get rusty)

(Wir sind uns einig, dass wir die Beziehungen weiter ausbauen wollen, vor allem was die Strategien bezüglich Demokratisierung, Rechtsstaatlichkeit und Menschenrechte betrifft.)

BTW to put things in perspective. The press statement ends with two questions from the press, both to PM Merkel. First one about saving the Euro, second one 'did you hear about Syria?'

Edited by rubl

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday said that her trip to Germany and France provided Thailand with a good opportunity to rebuild Europe

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Clueless as usual.

If you are refering to anyone that accepts the Nation's statement as written, then yes I agree.

I believe what was said was something along the lines of rebuilding ties and a relationship.

Someone at the Nation left out the all important phrase, and of course there just had to be some people to latch onto it.

Figured you weigh in on this topic, if only to give support to your Barbie doll.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday said that her trip to Germany and France provided Thailand with a good opportunity to rebuild Europe

I'm glad Thailand has decided to rebuild Europe because all those meetings by European leaders, bailouts, billions of Euro's being infused into certain European countries and banks just wasn't working. I wonder what this Thailand plan will be called? Let's think...can't use the Marshall Plan name like used after World War II....I've got it, let's call it the Thaksin Plan...and the Euro to Baht exchange rate should around 50 by years end....good times again just around the corner!

Thailand has a good opportunity to rebuild Europe??

<deleted>

Well Thailand is a developed, sound, stable, democratic and ethical country which is the HUB of everythings so why shouldn't all those little developing/3rd world nations in europe take the hand of Thailand and allow Thailand to show them just how things are done on the world stage. Follow Thailands lead Europe and the spoils of the world will be yours.

Thailand has a good opportunity to rebuild Europe??

<deleted>

Well Thailand is a developed, sound, stable, democratic and ethical country which is the HUB of everythings so why shouldn't all those little developing/3rd world nations in europe take the hand of Thailand and allow Thailand to show them just how things are done on the world stage. Follow Thailands lead Europe and the spoils of the world will be yours.

cheesy.gif , Corruption is e legal in Europe. sad.png

She added that Germany agreed to send technical experts to help Thailand improve the quality of products, in order to boost Thai exports to Europe.

Hmmm, can anyone translate or explain about technical experts in what field? from which company? to help which company?

Germany agreed? but is not it a private matter?

Germany has been very active in providing technical assistance for at least the past 40 years. Germany is a major participant in providing energy technology, particularly green energy solutions. Private sector technical assistance is co-ordinated through the Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ). For those that don't know, the BMZ is not a new type of BMW, but the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development . The BMZ had focused on small and medum enterprises and has helped many Thai businesses and startups.

I know that one has a stereotype of Germans because of Pattaya and Patong, but there are alot of classy, respectable Germans that visit Thailand and contribute to the economy.

and yet BMW, Benz, VW, Audi still cost almost double in Thailandtongue.png

Thats because the import taxes on foreign products are 357% if I recall from an earlier topic. Part of the rebuild europe policy I guess, price european exports out of the reach of everyday thais.

She added that Germany agreed to send technical experts to help Thailand improve the quality of products, in order to boost Thai exports to Europe.

Hmmm, can anyone translate or explain about technical experts in what field? from which company? to help which company?

Germany has been very active in providing technical assistance for at least the past 40 years. Germany is a major participant in providing energy technology, particularly green energy solutions. Private sector technical assistance is co-ordinated through the Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ). For those that don't know, the BMZ is not a new type of BMW, but the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development . The BMZ had focused on small and medum enterprises and has helped many Thai businesses and startups.

I know that one has a stereotype of Germans because of Pattaya and Patong, but there are alot of classy, respectable Germans that visit Thailand and contribute to the economy.

There are 2 types of visitors to Thailand, those that shag the locals and those that lie about it. For some reason, probably simple snobbery, you prefer the latter, but FYI they both contribute to the economy.

My 8 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son visited Thailand and they didn't shag any locals and I am sure that if I asked they would tell me truthfully. There must be room for a 3rd type of visitor.

• Like 1

There are 2 types of visitors to Thailand, those that shag the locals and those that lie about it. For some reason, probably simple snobbery, you prefer the latter, but FYI they both contribute to the economy.

You see with statements like that, ozmick, this is why you're so "credible". How can you not take a mind like that seriously?

I rarely take his patronising snobbery seriously, or yours. I never accept racial stereotyping, or that the "classy respectable" persons (in GK's view) are any more worthy than those who holiday in Pattaya and Patong, or even Samui.

"Money doesn't make the man." Thomas Dorsey

BTW which group would include the Germans that came here to sell over-priced fire-engines?

The group that sold the fire-engines would have been from Austria whistling.gif .

The German Chancellor said during the press conference that a MoU, proposed by Thai government, will be negotiated by German government owned "Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH" (english: German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) Ltd.),

Further they spoke about a visit of the German Federal Minister of Commerce in September where they discuss cooperation in the private sector.

German chancellor also offered help in areas of renewable energy, state of the art coal-fired power plants and vocational training / university education.

Note: GIZ has a regional office in Bangkok. According to GIZ homepage, there are 25 foreign experts, 75 national (I guess Thai) experts, 11 CIM experts and 15 "weltwärts"- volunteers currently in Thailand.

Notes of the press conference (in German) at the official website of the German Chancellor: http://www.bundeskan...m-thailand.html

edit: They also mentioned cooperation for food safety (To avoid Thai exports send back from the EU, by not passing standard tests there.)

The site pointed to has the press statement from the 18th. In German, but never mind. Interesting is the sentence

"We agree to further extend our relations/cooperations, especially the strategies regarding 'democratisation', 'judicial state (rule of law)' and 'human rights'." (apologies, my German starts to get rusty)

(Wir sind uns einig, dass wir die Beziehungen weiter ausbauen wollen, vor allem was die Strategien bezüglich Demokratisierung, Rechtsstaatlichkeit und Menschenrechte betrifft.)

BTW to put things in perspective. The press statement ends with two questions from the press, both to PM Merkel. First one about saving the Euro, second one 'did you hear about Syria?'

I fully agree! "Democratization" has shed its true meaning and now provides a cover for endless, hegemonic military adventures intended to benefit the few, not the many.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday said that her trip to Germany and France provided Thailand with a good opportunity to rebuild Europe

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Clueless as usual.

If you are refering to anyone that accepts the Nation's statement as written, then yes I agree.

I believe what was said was something along the lines of rebuilding ties and a relationship.

Someone at the Nation left out the all important phrase, and of course there just had to be some people to latch onto it.

Well said, but i did not know there was a problem in relations between Europe and Thailand.

You Must have missed the little squirmish, when a Thai Royal Aircraft was siezed in Germany for lack of payment by the Thai governnment to a German contractor.

Yes....but who has confidence in the EU or the USA right now?

Probably those who have no choice?

BTW the Greeks offered a nice, wooden horse, maybe at least they are moving to the OTOP model for handycraft ?

• Like 1

Yes and they are doing a wonderful job, the evidence of that 40 years of technical assistance is all around Thailand, oh the miracle year of amazing Thailand.

Yes....but who has confidence in the EU or the USA right now?

Well, I have more confidence in the USA than I do in Europe. Ok, maybe that's not saying much, but I need to be optomistic, since all my money is in USA$.

Yes and they are doing a wonderful job, the evidence of that 40 years of technical assistance is all around Thailand, oh the miracle year of amazing Thailand.

Yes, but all the problems that Thailand has are caused solely by Thais.

Yes, but all the problems that Thailand has are caused solely by Thais.

Haven't spoken to many Thais have we, I think you will find 68 Million people will disagree with you

The heading; "Yingluck Says Europe Has Confidence In Thailand" makes me wonder at the irony. From her actions in Thailand, and those of her cohorts, she doesn't exude confidence in Thailand. She and PT party seem to be on a campaign to convince all Thais that there needs to be 'reconciliation' when none is needed. By hammering on the depreciating 'reconciliation' nonsense, she appears to aim for two things: (1) bringing her brother back, and (2) convincing Thais that they've got problems they don't actually have.

• Like 1

The group that sold the fire-engines would have been from Austria whistling.gif .

So was Hitler. But if it looks like a duck talks like a duck..................

So was Arnold Schwarzenegger, but No, you couldn't resist it, could you

An early contender for most ridiculous use of a Hitler "link" 2012, beyond belief....................

• Like 1

So was Hitler. But if it looks like a duck talks like a duck..................

So was Arnold Schwarzenegger, but No, you couldn't resist it, could you

An early contender for most ridiculous use of a Hitler "link" 2012, beyond belief....................

My apologies for using a historical figure of Austrian origin often mistaken as German. Could you suggest a better known example?

Or is it you are a little sensitive about similar tactics to those used by the early Nazis and currently in vogue here?

No worries. The Germans won't get visas anyway. "No farangs can come to Thailand to tell Thai people how to make Thai products!"

Would you be one of those: classy, respectable Germans ?