Learnig With Software

JakeBKK

i was looking for the same thing. after completing level one, i couldnt find anything else. but it will be interesting to see if there are any recommendations.

i m always looking for ways that are supplementary to books, and this website was great for downloading phrases and sayings to listen to onto my ipod. http://langhub.com/e...t/section/4/41/ its great free content.

Edited by wrevelate

searched here yesterday, and stumbled upon the pimsleur course which is a bit repetitive but otherwise nice. It seems there is not a lot of good software out there, nether on ios,andoid or pc.

someone should take a really good site like thai-language(dot)com and squeeze an app out of it. there already voice analysers out there. one of em on top and you got a killer app

i was looking for the same thing. after completing level one, i couldnt find anything else. but it will be interesting to see if there are any recommendations.

Did you work through all 8 levels of the Thai Rosetta stone Level 1, or did you just get the first 4 units (what us available as a torrent at the moment...)?

I have units 5 through 8 as well. Let me know if this is what you are hunting for. wai.gif

Perhaps you should should get a spell checker for your English before tackling a second language.

wacko.png please enlighten me

You've called the title of this thread,

Learnig With Software

biggrin.png Right on ! I missed that one ! Thanks.

Edited by JakeBKK

Thanks. Downloaded pimsleur two days ago.

It is quite good for vocabulary building.

What is nice is to put two lessons on a cd

so 15 cd's in all or if your car takes a USB stick better yet as

you can put them all on it.

Then listen while driving it is interactive & leaves space for you to answer.

All in all worth the the effort....

In the end though I would suggest getting to reading & writing ASAP

It will have the biggest effect on your learning.

I've used L-Lingo (was previously called L-Ceps), http://www.l-lingo.com/en/learn-thai/ . Also available for Android. It's ok at the start, you should learn the writing system first, though. Of the websites I like http://www.thaipod101.com/ because of it's well working flash card system, it's a paysite with free trial. They too have an Android app called "MyWords - Thai", that one is free.

EDIT: Of the Android dictionaries I like Astrotek Disctionary the best. Good UI.

Edited by DrTuner

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You might like Pimsleur Thai 30 lessons

I did like it better than Rosetta

I second this. I have Rosetta Stone, and I have a few books and of course the Thai - English dictionary. I got the Pimsleur a few weeks ago, and I wish I would have gotten it sooner (like years ago). Unlike the other products you can listen to it on your ipod, in your car and when you go to sleep at night. If you've ever learned to speak a foreign language speaking is only half the battle and hearing it is another, so listening to the MP3s over and over again is great for your "Thai ear". They teach you how to properly form sentences, and breakdown the pronunciation of words making it easy to replicate the proper sounds. I wish they had 3 levels of Thai like they do for many of the other languages; however, I have to believe if you master Level 1's 30 lessons inside and out, that you'll be able to communicate in Thai (not fluently, but you'll be on your way).

I've used L-Lingo (was previously called L-Ceps), http://www.l-lingo.com/en/learn-thai/ . Also available for Android. It's ok at the start, you should learn the writing system first, though. Of the websites I like http://www.thaipod101.com/ because of it's well working flash card system, it's a paysite with free trial. They too have an Android app called "MyWords - Thai", that one is free.

EDIT: Of the Android dictionaries I like Astrotek Disctionary the best. Good UI.

I have l-lingo for android tablet.

I recommend it, its good fun and its picture based so i wouldnt worry too much about not being able to read.

You can skip the reading parts.

As for dictionaries i prefer paiboons one for android. Along side a thai keyboard im using it daily punching in words i see around me.

Edited by eeeya

• 3 months later...

Oh really! and who made you the expert?

• 6 months later...

LOL

Edited by Jayroo

Perhaps you should should get a spell checker for your English before tackling a second language.

wacko.png please enlighten me

You've called the title of this thread,

Learnig With Software

biggrin.png Right on ! I missed that one ! Thanks.

And -- <quote>.......squeeze an app out of it. there already voice analysers out there. one of em on top and you got a killer app .... </quote>

Should be "There are ...." . I am not sure what is meant by "one of em on top..." .

Also multiple missed capitalisations :)

It's Sunday and I'm bored ;)