Buying Flights From Thailand To Uk

exeter

I will shortly be buying a single ticket to Thailand. In the UK I can use travel agents or airlines to purchase flights LHR-BKK-LHR.

I have never seen a travel agent in Thailand ( perhaps I am not looking in the right place, I am in Nakhon Sawan.).

It lso seems to me that tickets are more expensive going BKK-LHR-BKK rather than the other way round.

So, my question is what is the best way and safest way buy my return tickets from BKK-LHR-BKK.

Thanks for any advice, help and useful comments in advance.

Anything is easy if you know what and how to do it and this is new to me.

A few local agents are listed here:

http://www.thaivisa....als-for-expats/

You'll also find quite a few in the BKK Post and other newspapers. But more are in Thai. As for tickets, I use the meta search engines in the link above, but then check with the airlines to see if they can match the price. If it's close, I go with the airline direct. Easy to buy over the internet. I do it all the time.

As for being more expensive originating from there, yes, that's what I've experienced also. I'm guessing there's not as much demand here?

I am confused.The OP says he is getting a o/w ticket to Thailand, correctly states the fact that r/t tickets with origin in the UK are cheaper than r/t tickets purchased in Thailand but is still seeking assistance with a r/t purchase here in Thailand?

The best way and best price is to buy a r/t ticket LHR-BKK-LHR and keep doing that. If you are in Thailand but want to book/pay for your next r/t ticket originating in the UK, the matrix search engine at matrix.itasoftware.com is good but not always accurate, especially with THAI Airlines flights (always says they are much higher than the THAI website). Once you have some price options from matrix, chose a few carriers and then check with each of the chosen carriers own websites. Most international airlines home website has an option to select the 'home' country (where travel will originate) which will be the UK for the OP's search. All these airline booking and payment sites are secure and most will accept a debit card as long as it is VISA or MasterCard affiliated and already subscribed with each of these companies online security checks, ie. "Verified by VISA" and "MasterCard Securecode". It will benefit the OP to make sure that the debit card is already registered for use online with the relevant secure service. However, some websites may have security features that cause your online payment to be blocked if it see's that the booking via their UK website is being made from a non-UK IP address such as Thailand. When this happens, they usually give a phone number to contact where the booking can be completed. Some airlines will charge extra for phone booking.

Edited by NanLaew

I am confused.The OP says he is getting a o/w ticket to Thailand, correctly states the fact that r/t tickets with origin in the UK are cheaper than r/t tickets purchased in Thailand but is still seeking assistance with a r/t purchase here in Thailand?

The best way and best price is to buy a r/t ticket LHR-BKK-LHR and keep doing that. If you are in Thailand but want to book/pay for your next r/t ticket originating in the UK, the matrix search engine at matrix.itasoftware.com is good but not always accurate, especially with THAI Airlines flights (always says they are much higher than the THAI website). Once you have some price options from matrix, chose a few carriers and then check with each of the chosen carriers own websites. Most international airlines home website has an option to select the 'home' country (where travel will originate) which will be the UK for the OP's search. All these airline booking and payment sites are secure and most will accept a debit card as long as it is VISA or MasterCard affiliated and already subscribed with each of these companies online security checks, ie. "Verified by VISA" and "MasterCard Securecode". It will benefit the OP to make sure that the debit card is already registered for use online with the relevant secure service. However, some websites may have security features that cause your online payment to be blocked if it see's that the booking via their UK website is being made from a non-UK IP address such as Thailand. When this happens, they usually give a phone number to contact where the booking can be completed. Some airlines will charge extra for phone booking.

You are confused, let me explain. At the moment I buy a return from the UK. Next year I was thinking I would buy a single to Thailand and return to the UK after 2 years. I was thinking that a short return visit every 2 years would be what I would be looking at, therefore, I would need to be booking my flights from the Thai end rather that UK in a few years time and wondered at how I would do this, it seems most are saying going direct to the airlines. My debit card is mastercard and have used it in Thailand so I guess that means that airlines will accept it.

Again thanks for your comments.

I have also heard that some UK travel agents can book flights the other way round ( BKK-LHR-BKK ). I have emailed one to see if this is a possibility. I await their response.

Whichever way I look for the cheapest,and it ain't particularly cheap at the mo. Yes Matrix is good,then the airline direct,saves about £30 on their stated price. That Belgium airline Jetfly (or something like) gives good fares 299 Euros all in into Brussels,one way,then Eurostar for about £30 booked in advance

The best fare you are likely to get is around THB30,000/return, maybe a bit less, from BKK in the low season, it just goes up from there.

My preference is always Eva as number one as it is non-stop and never been disappointed with their service.

Just came back from UK last week and they upgraded the two of us to Elite class.

Normally, in the past, I have always booked direct through the Eva site but ATN Inter did a better deal this time. http://www.atninter.com/

Whichever way I look for the cheapest,and it ain't particularly cheap at the mo. Yes Matrix is good,then the airline direct,saves about £30 on their stated price. That Belgium airline Jetfly (or something like) gives good fares 299 Euros all in into Brussels,one way,then Eurostar for about £30 booked in advance

http://www.jetairfly.com/en/ correct ?

Yeh, good fare but you still have to get across the English Channel, makes it a long trip, also has a stop in Phuket in one direction.

Eva I have used before and no complaints but coming this time with Emirates as the 30kg luggage is useful.

I have had an email from the UK travel agent I used and have now asked them specifically if they can allow booking from the Thai end for a return, I now await their response and will come back with any news.

Right.

Just booked with the arsehol_e of all arsehol_e airlines Air India ,BKK/LON return..£620,only reason is that there is a 10 ton baggage allowance

Right.

Just booked with the arsehol_e of all arsehol_e airlines Air India ,BKK/LON return..£620,only reason is that there is a 10 ton baggage allowance

Shudder ... Air india

Just to add that Egyptair currently allow up to 46 kgs, in 2 bags (of 23 kgs max each) and Jet Airways (of India) 28 kgs (also 2 bags only)

Right.

Shudder ... Air india

Just to add that Egyptair currently allow up to 46 kgs, in 2 bags (of 23 kgs max each) and Jet Airways (of India) 28 kgs (also 2 bags only)

If you fly on Etihad metal its 28kg as well, you only need to join the frequent flyer program. thats all.

maybe we should start a thread about baggage allowances, i think its very important for the longhaul traveling expat ^^

If you fly on Etihad metal its 28kg as well, you only need to join the frequent flyer program. thats all.

maybe we should start a thread about baggage allowances, i think its very important for the longhaul traveling expat ^^

Good idea ! I always seem to have more goodies to carry-home to Thailand, than the airline really wishes to carry. whistling.gif

Right.

Shudder ... Air india

, i think

It isn't the fact that the allowance means anything,yes bag checked in,but its the carry on bit that makes the eyes boggle,in line Terminal 5 Air India, they have carry on items 5 times heavier than the checked baggage,Christ I looked at one party there were 3 individuals struggling to get one lump of whatever onto the plane. The plane must have rocket assisted means to get airborne

2 Thai travel agents recommended on this forum for international flight booking are

http://www.moxtravel.com/

http://www.saveflights.com/

I have just a booked a return, BKK-LHR-BKK with Etihad for about 36k (sep-oct)

I booked with Saveflights (Jane at Saveflights is very good to deal with). I could have booked directly on Etihad website (quoted price was same), but I would have had to use my UK credit card, and there would have been a currency conversion fee from THB to GBP

By booking with Saveflights/Thai agent , I could pay in Thai baht and avoid this currency conversion fee, which saves me about 30gbp

To the OP, do let us know if the UK agents can book flights that originate from LOS, cheers

2 Thai travel agents recommended on this forum for international flight booking are

http://www.moxtravel.com/

http://www.saveflights.com/

I have just a booked a return, BKK-LHR-BKK with Etihad for about 36k (sep-oct)

I booked with Saveflights (Jane at Saveflights is very good to deal with). I could have booked directly on Etihad website (quoted price was same), but I would have had to use my UK credit card, and there would have been a currency conversion fee from THB to GBP

By booking with Saveflights/Thai agent , I could pay in Thai baht and avoid this currency conversion fee, which saves me about 30gbp

To the OP, do let us know if the UK agents can book flights that originate from LOS, cheers

Just get a better credit card...sheesh. :) Santander Zero, Halifax Clarity, Saga CC, Post Office Mastercard, Metro Bank CC.... All give you the full wholesale rate. It's not like there isn't a choice.

The travel agents in the UK have come back to me.

You can book BKK-LHR-BKK through them provided you pay by UK debit/credit card. E Ticket emailed to you.

www.southalltravel.co.uk told me they can definetly do it, now just need to see what sort of price they come up with, I think you would have to do it over the phone as the website only shows UK departure points.

Edited by exeter

Right.

Nothing wrong with Air India. Have flown 24 different airlines to or from Thailand and I have AI at around 8th best.....

The travel agents in the UK have come back to me.

You can book BKK-LHR-BKK through them provided you pay by UK debit/credit card. E Ticket emailed to you.

www.southalltravel.co.uk told me they can definetly do it, now just need to see what sort of price they come up with, I think you would have to do it over the phone as the website only shows UK departure points.

Cheers Exeter, yeah let us know what kind of prices they come back with :)

Right.

Nothing wrong with Air India. Have flown 24 different airlines to or from Thailand and I have AI at around 8th best.....

It is not just the 'plane it is the passengers,the newly rich ones strutting around the aircraft as though they own it,and that stinking dump Bombay to deal with,the food is the pits too.

For a hub I like Cairo ,that salad bar ,all you can get stuffed down ,plus the extras for £3

I normally get a return heathrow Bangkok every year normally in september been doing it for years the last 4 years the cheapest has been jet airways and they have never let me down £340 -£380 return price no charge for one change of return date and only 25 quid any changes after that valid for a year the change over in Mumbai only 90 miniuts in my opinion they can't be beaten for value

I normally get a return heathrow Bangkok every year normally in september been doing it for years the last 4 years the cheapest has been jet airways and they have never let me down £340 -£380 return price no charge for one change of return date and only 25 quid any changes after that valid for a year the change over in Mumbai only 90 miniuts in my opinion they can't be beaten for value

September is coming up. Post the £380 details up after you have bought your ticket. I had a Royal Brunei deal for September for £305 earlier. Gone now.

I suspect that's LHR-BKK-LHR, rather than BKK-LHR-BKK, which is what the OP is asking for ?

For comparison I managed to get 3 tickets in their January-Sale, for B22,890 each (incl tax/airport-charges) BKK-LHR-BKK which equates to GBP 475, and which I thought was pretty-amazing these days. Many people seem happy to pay upwards of B30k with other airlines !

But thanks to lloydie for the news that eastwesttravel now do BKK-LHR-BKK, that was welcome news to me, will definitely ask them to quote next time I book !

Edited by Ricardo

September is coming up. Post the £380 details up after you have bought your ticket. I had a Royal Brunei deal for September for £305 earlier. Gone now.

Best of luck with that one I have just looked them up and they are quoting 32/3 thou bt for 1 stop with all the tax's for a BKK LHR 25thSep 1 month return. They do quote 19+thou but that's without tax's. Edited by fredob43

Best of luck with that one I have just looked them up and they are quoting 32/3 thou bt for 1 stop with all the tax's for a BKK LHR 25thSep 1 month return. They do quote 19+thou but that's without tax's.

What are you talking? I was writing about a past London to Bangkok deal. That's why I quoted in £s.

royalbangkok1.png

Best of luck with that one I have just looked them up and they are quoting 32/3 thou bt for 1 stop with all the tax's for a BKK LHR 25thSep 1 month return. They do quote 19+thou but that's without tax's.

What are you talking? I was writing about a past London to Bangkok deal. That's why I quoted in £s.

royalbangkok1.png

royalbangkok1.png

Sorry about that JJ ment to put it under S/Steve's post. Edited by fredob43