Car Hire On Dark Side

MrPlumbs

I recently rented a car on soi khao noi (very near Villa) for a week while mine was resprayed, I returned it in good condition other than the tiniest of tiny marks on

the bottom of the rear fender, looked like a small stone from the road perhaps. It wasn't visible unless you bent down and looked close. I was charged 500 Baht. I spoke to the owner

and said that I had rented from him 3/4 times in the past and if he charged me for a tiny, tiny mark I wouldn't return... he took the money (He was farang).

so I am looking for another rental place... any recommendations?

theres a car hire place near to the Electricity generating compound on Soi Siam country club

i rented a chevy pick up there

did all the usual stuff, went over it with a fine toothcomb, took loads of pictures of the faults, marks etc

when i brought it back 3 days later they did not even look at it.......

no idea what you paid so hard to give you an honest comparison. It sounds like insurance means nothing to you since you are paying for damage on the car rented.

I just rented a car from HERTZ at pattaya central mall. It was a brand new jazz and the cost is 555 per day + 200 or so for the all inclusive insurance (of you want it) we paid like 760thb for a brand new car completely covered by insurance. If you don't want the cdw then you get it for 555thb a day.

http://www.hertzthailand.com/EN/

you have to call and book to get the discount rate....

• Like 1

huh?? We rented it for 10 days and paid with SCB credit card. All went fine.. not sure what you are trying to say.

If you feel better renting cars from your neighbors then by all means go for it. I prefer to rent from professional companies that maintain their cars and offer proper insurance.

The corner of SSCC and the Railway rd seems ok for Motorcycles and they have cars, trucks etc. too of course but best to just pop in to read all the prices etc.

am I the only one to list the rental prices? If I need to rent a car the last thing I want to do is drive around the dark side asking for prices and details. Personally, the Hertz promo is the best deal around and the service and vehicles are A+. 555thb a day.. how can you beat that? Oh, they are not on the darkside but I'm sure they will let you take the car to the darkside whistling.gif

am I the only one to list the rental prices? If I need to rent a car the last thing I want to do is drive around the dark side asking for prices and details. Personally, the Hertz promo is the best deal around and the service and vehicles are A+. 555thb a day.. how can you beat that? Oh, they are not on the darkside but I'm sure they will let you take the car to the darkside whistling.gif

they may have to change their money at the border though...........