The Eye Opener Hotel Search Site= Hotelscombined.Com

THAIPHUKET

I want to thank again whoever pointed out hotelscombined.com which compares hotel search sites based on full prices, i.e. after taxes and fees. The only accurate measure.

In the attached 2 searches you see clearly that there can be significant difference in what you get for almost the same money.

The first example is the Convenient Hotel BKK very near the airport. Agoda came out unbeatable with 550 b for a superior room inclusive 2 airport transports. I've been using this hotel repeatedly. The second, selected at random, is the Ramada Hotel in Berlin. Identical prices yet different packages.

post-64651-0-51831400-1343136475_thumb.p

post-64651-0-06162900-1343136502_thumb.p

• Like 1

Thanks for that tip, I bookmarked that site

The search I did was missing a number of the booking sites i could get on tripadvisor, but the ease of comparing is much better

The different packages, with or without breakfast etcetera made it easier.

Having all the taxes added in the shown price is also a big plus.

I recently used it for booking my accommodation in Dusseldorf, got the room at over 5000baht cheaper than booking.com, finally used otel.com, which is one of the suppliers that comes up on hotelscombined.

For Paris I went straight to the hotels website and picked it up again cheaper than my usual engine (booking.com), and also cheaper than hotelscombined by 1000baht, which is the price of a train ticket in Paris for 3 days.

Edited by beano2274

I recently used it for booking my accommodation in Dusseldorf, got the room at over 5000baht cheaper than booking.com, finally used otel.com, which is one of the suppliers that comes up on hotelscombined.

For Paris I went straight to the hotels website and picked it up again cheaper than my usual engine (booking.com), and also cheaper than hotelscombined by 1000baht, which is the price of a train ticket in Paris for 3 days.

Again, owing to suggestions from this board, I learned too, this is the way to go=

1. hotelscombined.com and when is could matter

2. go to the hotel direct site , especially if your stay longer, you may find deals which are only one the hotel own website

Again, owing to suggestions from this board, I learned too, this is the way to go=

1. hotelscombined.com and when is could matter

2. go to the hotel direct site , especially if your stay longer, you may find deals which are only one the hotel own website

I've found dealing with hotels a real mixed bag. Some have great deals on their website, some don't. I've had hotels match any rate found online, even if cheaper than they proved. I've had hotels make me open my laptop and book via their hotel's website as they couldn't offer those rates even through I standing right there. I've also had hotels refer me to websites like Agoda while I am standing at their counter to book as they weren't allowed to offer those rates, whether online or in person. This even happened to me one time in Bangkok when I just wanted to extend my stay 2 nights!

It's worth shopping around.

• Like 1

I've found dealing with hotels a real mixed bag. Some have great deals on their website, some don't. I've had hotels match any rate found online, even if cheaper than they proved. I've had hotels make me open my laptop and book via their hotel's website as they couldn't offer those rates even through I standing right there. I've also had hotels refer me to websites like Agoda while I am standing at their counter to book as they weren't allowed to offer those rates, whether online or in person. This even happened to me one time in Bangkok when I just wanted to extend my stay 2 nights!

It's worth shopping around.

The surprising thing is that an abundance of information is now readily available on the internet, and so few people use it to its full extend.

And here is where being a member of Thaivisa really helps.

Yermaneewai.gif

I want to thank again whoever pointed out hotelscombined.com which compares hotel search sites based on full prices, i.e. after taxes and fees. The only accurate measure.

Cough ... biggrin.png

Cough Cough.

Beat you to it by 6 months

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/552499-reasonable-priced-hotel-bit-of-newbie-travel-advice/#entry5272274

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/518666-agoda-bookings/page__st__25#entry4927388

Cough Cough.

Seems PattayaParent, you have a bit of a cold there ... better to pop down the Pharmacy (Drug Store if you speak American) to see if they have something for that ... laugh.png

Great that you are on to it as well.

Some advice about the site ... it doesn’t cover everything.

Australia has a site called wotif.com (the ones in black are usually great value) and has some good bargains and Hotels Combined doesn't pick that one up when searching.

OK PP ... wai.gif

I would be surprised if you could beat booking.com ... their prices are ALL IN no extras like daily booking fee (agoda) etc.

Certainly in Thailand I have very rarely come across anyone offering cheaper for the same room. In addition you just guarantee your booking with a card and pay at the hotel.

In fact on occasions I have looked around a hotel and then booked the room on the internet, using booking.com and then checked in.

I would be surprised if you could beat booking.com ... their prices are ALL IN no extras like daily booking fee (agoda) etc.

Certainly in Thailand I have very rarely come across anyone offering cheaper for the same room. In addition you just guarantee your booking with a card and pay at the hotel.

In fact on occasions I have looked around a hotel and then booked the room on the internet, using booking.com and then checked in.

Booking.com is one of my favorites also. However have on many occasions had better deals on hotel's websites.

The pay at the hotel option is solely at hotel's discretion. If the hotel wants immediate payment, bookingdotcom has to abide.

Yermaneewai.gif

Booking.com is one of my favorites also. However have on many occasions had better deals on hotel's websites.

Yermaneewai.gif

Booking has always seemed expensive to me, compared to Agoda.

Typical example 10 minutes ago as follows.....

4 nights at the Hilton, Hua Hin July 29th check out Tuesday 2nd Aug

Hilton website for the 'Pacific Suite' Per night = 9,700 baht

Booking dot com (as above) Per night = 11,416 baht

Agoda (as above) Per night = 6,265 baht (includes breakfast)

All above are the same room and single occupancy

Cough Cough.

Seems PattayaParent, you have a bit of a cold there ... better to pop down the Pharmacy (Drug Store if you speak American) to see if they have something for that ... laugh.png

Great that you are on to it as well.

Some advice about the site ... it doesn’t cover everything.

Australia has a site called wotif.com (the ones in black are usually great value) and has some good bargains and Hotels Combined doesn't pick that one up when searching.

OK PP ... wai.gif

IMHO just as well it does'nt include Wotif. Booked one of their mystery hotels once, what a dump and nowhere near its supposed location and available at less than half the price at other sites. Customer service, don't make me laugh.Pretty good at putting up fake reviews of its business though.

Been using HotelTravel.com for years, they seem to have some of the best rates around, and even if a lower rate can be found once booked and confirmed, they have always matched it for me.

They also have a great 24hr customer service chat line in 10 different languages.

Yermaneewai.gif

Out of interest I tried to check the Hilton Booking ... Booking.com had that price and Yes AGODA have a super sale ... probably beat booking.com to it.

I usually check both sites and they come out pretty much the same ... I just find booking.com easier to deal with.

Edited by JAS21

I haven't found a site that is ALWAYS cheaper than all the others as yet, though most of them seem to claim to be the cheapest. I have used, amongst others,

Agoda

Expedia (prices include all taxes)

Booking.com

wotif

lastminute.com

Hotels.com

Some of the sites have a cheaper room than another site, but when you read the conditions of the room there might be a no change/no refund policy on the cheapest one (or no breakfast etc). Personally I like the flexibility of being able to change

The actual website of the Hotel you want to stay at can be just as cheap as the booking sites, and if you change your dates you can get a refund, or generally they have not charged your CC at that stage.

have you guys ever tried latestays.com? I used them quite a bit in the past, like 3-4 years ago. Seemed to have good rates. Just curious if anybody else has used them, for better or worse.

What was the one...right....asiarooms.com. Use to advertise in the BKK Post. Haven't seen them advertise in years.

Yermaneewai.gif

Out of interest I tried to check the Hilton Booking ... Booking.com had that price and Yes AGODA have a super sale ... probably beat booking.com to it.

I usually check both sites and they come out pretty much the same ... I just find booking.com easier to deal with.

Amazing really since both companies belong to the same owner company. Have however completely different strategies.

I have been burned once by Agoda. So that's it for me.

Latestays used to be good as Craig said, not any more, they've gone the Agoda way.

Yermaneewai.gif

Edited by yermanee