Unfair Parking Ticket

CMweb

Hi,

Last week I stop with my scooter in front of Starbucks Coffee on Tape Gate, there was a lot of bikes staying so I park in line next to the last one. After I come back, all bikes are gone, just mine stays there with a chain around the bike and a 400 THB ticket. I did not know the red/white lines on the street border are meaning no parking zone. Ok, I did a criminal offence and I went to pay it, plus 100 for the Tuk Tuk to bring me to the police station and back.

Last Sunday I saw on Tape Gate 1000+ bikes all around the Sunday market but not one gets a ticket???

I think this is very unfair from the police not to keep the rules on every day the same.

Edited by CMweb
  • Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stated that you parked your scooter there last week and when you got back all the bikes were gone except yours...... You neglected to tell us how many days was it before you came back.

whistling.gif

If it were days, I guess his bike would be gone too.

Most of the roads in CM have signs showing when you can and cant park there, and weekends differ from weekdays. was it a weekday you parked there?

The signs are pretty clear here. In Pai its a matter of odd and even days, which I thought applied to the date, but I am assured is Monday is even, Tuesday is odd, etc. as to where you can and cant park

Most of the roads in CM have signs showing when you can and cant park there, and weekends differ from weekdays. was it a weekday you parked there?

The signs are pretty clear here. In Pai its a matter of odd and even days, which I thought applied to the date, but I am assured is Monday is even, Tuesday is odd, etc. as to where you can and cant park

From OP: " I did not know the red/white lines on the street border are meaning no parking zone"

You've written the title wrong OP. It should read, completely valid parking ticket because I wasn't aware of the rules of the road. The fact that at the market a similar state of affairs does not result in a ticket, is non of your concern. You parked incorrectly. You got fined. Simple. They've not singled you out, they just can't catch all offences all the time. Assuming you've been here a while not knowing you can be fined for parking in those places, I'd say you have done well only getting one ticket.

• Like 1

I'm not saying the ticket was wrong, I just did not know you can't park there if there are the lines and no no perking sign. All I say it is wrong to be able to park on all places on Sunday and not also fine this people, a Sunday market still don't change the street rules (law) thought.

I'm not saying the ticket was wrong, I just did not know you can't park there if there are the lines and no no perking sign. All I say it is wrong to be able to park on all places on Sunday and not also fine this people, a Sunday market still don't change the street rules (law) thought.

The red-white lines are the no parking sign.

Except on Sunday.

They keep it confusing so as to make money. Had there been a clear indication that it was a no parking zone, the OP would not have parked there. Name one other country where red and white lines are the standard no parking zone indication.

They should use something like the letter "P" with a diagonal line drawn through it. But then they wouldn't get as much revenue from unsuspecting motorcycle riders.

Edited by mesquite

Name one other country where red and white lines are the standard no parking zone indication.

They should use something like the letter "P" with a diagonal line drawn through it.

Name a country where a double yellow line means no parking.

post-155923-0-21640700-1343209002_thumb.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Name one other country where red and white lines are the standard no parking zone indication.

They should use something like the letter "P" with a diagonal line drawn through it.

Painted on the sidewalk or along the road?

Name a country where a double red line means no parking.

post-155923-0-99112500-1343209164_thumb.

Except on Sunday.

They keep it confusing so as to make money. Had there been a clear indication that it was a no parking zone, the OP would not have parked there. Name one other country where red and white lines are the standard no parking zone indication.

They should use something like the letter "P" with a diagonal line drawn through it. But then they wouldn't get as much revenue from unsuspecting motorcycle riders.

So in a foreign land with a foreign language and a real foreign form of letters you want the to put a English p with a line through it. Why not a Thai letter with a line through it.

• Like 1

Painted on the sidewalk or along the road?

You are getting there! Road signs: painted on a surface on the ground.

There are many countries where this is the norm. Of course, if you come from a country that primarily relies on road sign attached to posts than you may find the concept of signs painted on the ground confusing.

Edited by Morakot

Don't know of any. But in Canada and the U S it means no passing.

So in a foreign land with a foreign language and a real foreign form of letters you want the to put a English p with a line through it.

If not a colonialist attitude than blatant ignorance, I'd say. sick.gif

Don't know of any. But in Canada and the U S it means no passing.

No passing: what in the sense do not drive on the footpath?

The point is signs can be arbitrary and one should familiarise oneself if not sure.

post-155923-0-46338800-1343209740_thumb.

"But, but but bububut, they parked there on Sunday and didn't get a ticket! MUMMY! Its NOT FAIR!"

The OP got a valid parking ticket, cost him a few hundred Baht, now its time to man up.

Earlier this year, I got a ticket for no seatbelt. I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I paid up. I didn't cry about it.

• Like 2