Looking For Condo To Rent Longterm

STUDMEYER

I've been searching online w/o much luck. Theres some good ads online in the classifieds here, but they all seem to be 1 bedroom studios etc... I've also done the rounds of the message boards at the shopping centers. Checked out some serviced apartments, and it feels too much like a hotel - a Microwave and a tiny fridge is not going to cut it,,,

Here's an example of one that I will try to look at this week:

http://classifieds.t...0th-178271.html

Ideal Place:

• 2 Bedrooms, 1 or more bath
  • At least 75 sq M or more.
  • Furnished or unfurnished
  • Newer western style finishing
  • Building must have an outdoor pool
  • Close to the moat (5-10 min drive max)
  • Balcony large enough for a BBQ and a chair
  • Washing Machine
  • Western Sized fridge
  • Stove inside in the kitchen
  • A/C, Internet, etc.. available

If you know anyone who has a condo for rent that matches the description please reply. Looking for Aug 1st.

Thank You

Your selection criteria limits your choice but then again you know what works for you smile.png

You might find something listed here http://www.asiapropertyworld.com/thailand-homes-condos-apartments-for-rent-xa2-0

How long are you going to rent for? Many condos are only availale for 6 or 12 month rentals.

A BBQ on the balcony sounds nice but might fall foul of the condo block rules (for safety reasons gas is not allowed inside but I've seen it used on balconies before).

Hi,

we just started a new real estate agency and collecting now properties. There is not much on now on our website http://www.buyrentchiangmai.com but if you like, please contact me as we have more available. You don’t need to pay a fee for it, so no worry thumbsup.gif

Regards

Looking at your website I can't help but feel there's an imbalance. There are apartments advertised for sale at between 1.7 mil and 2.3 mil, and the asking rent is in the 40,000 baht month region!

E.g. "The apartment can be rented for 40,000 THB/month or you can buy it for 1,704,400THB"

http://buyrentchiang...nd-sale-14.html

Good luck!!

Edited by uptheos

Hi,

we just started a new real estate agency and collecting now properties. There is not much on now on our website http://www.buyrentchiangmai.com but if you like, please contact me as we have more available. You don’t need to pay a fee for it, so no worry thumbsup.gif

Regards

Looking at your website I can't help but feel there's an imbalance. There are apartments advertised for sale at between 1.7 mil and 2.3 mil, and the asking rent is in the 40,000 baht month region!

E.g. "The apartment can be rented for 40,000 THB/month or you can buy it for 1,704,400THB"

Good luck!!

ya, 40k for mountain front or view is about 50% too much giggle.gif

the site needs work as well as it's highly unintuitive.

Edited by samsara

Hi,

Regards

Good luck!!

It's ridiculous, expecting appx 25% of the apartment's value per annum, no one in their right mind would pay it.

It's a bargain to buy, if someone wants to pay the new owner 40K a month with a 1 year rental agreement (plus 2 months deposit of course).

Edited by uptheos

Hi,

Regards

Good luck!!

It's ridiculous, expecting appx 25% of the apartment's value per annum, no one in their right mind would pay it.

call me crazy, but i think CMwebs "biz" is just starting. lots of typos, different properties with the same pics, then a bunch of high-end condos in a building that won't be completed for a year (or more). my guess is that the pricing was decided by a dart throw...

call me crazy, but i think CMwebs "biz" is just starting. lots of typos, different properties with the same pics, then a bunch of high-end condos in a building that won't be completed for a year (or more). my guess is that the pricing was decided by a dart throw...

laugh.png Or hoping there are gullible farang's on TV..........which of course there aren't. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

laugh.png Or hoping there are gullible farang's on TV..........which of course there aren't. wink.png

They called me gullible......and I believed themwink.png

• Like 1

• Personally I feel that you would be disappointed in any thing that meets your qualifications. 75 sq. M is way to small for what you are looking for. Don't forget that when they tell you x amount of sq M they are including the balcony. I am quite sure that you can find some thing that you would like but it would be very pricey. For myself f I had all that you ask for I would be looking at 100 sq M. Can't remember seeing a unit with a stove built in. That is not to say there isn't any.
  • Good Luck

• 2 Bedrooms, 1 or more bath
  • At least 75 sq M or more.
  • Furnished or unfurnished
  • Newer western style finishing
  • Building must have an outdoor pool
  • Close to the moat (5-10 min drive max)
  • Balcony large enough for a BBQ and a chair
  • Washing Machine
  • Western Sized fridge
  • Stove inside in the kitchen
  • A/C, Internet, etc.. available

Thru, we are a new company, the prices are set from the owners, not from me, I also know this price is to much but I can't ask less smile.png

I also have many apartments from 10000 up, all new and with all you ask for, ready to move in.

Edited by CMweb

In a new condo we have more apartments for rent. All apartments are 1 – 2 bedrooms and large balconies, kitchen with micro, large refrigerator – freezer, washing machine, Flat TV, Satellite, I-net and more (no stove)

42 Sq.m. price 10,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

48 Sq.m. price 12,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

51 Sq.m. price 15,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

57-67 Sq.m. price 18,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

I'm waiting to get more apartments in in the next days

Busy day,, looked at 4 places this afternoon. Thanks for the links everyone.

The pricing seems between reasonable and totally out of whack. I saw a beautiful, stunning condo today for 15, and some real crappy condos for 18-30.

Keep the links and tips coming pls. Thanks

CMweb, Stig who posted earlier owns lots of condos and he seems to turn them over pretty quick, so he can negotiate better than you can if direct. Regardless perhaps you should PM him and get his portflio onboard to expand yours as he emails every agent in town but may not know about you. By his prices he can afford an agent fee.

Thru, we are a new company, the prices are set from the owners, not from me, I also know this price is to much but I can't ask less smile.png

I also have many apartments from 10000 up, all new and with all you ask for, ready to move in.

Lol, you have 42sqm Mountain View condo's at 40,000baht a month when ChiangMaiproperties have the same condo's for 10,000baht a month

http://buyrentchiangmai.com/listing/apartment-for-rent-and-sale-14.html

http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/condo/rent/Brand-new-condo-1-bedroom-1-bathroom-with-fully-furnished-in-Mountain-View-Condo/C924.aspx

Never mind if the owners want to rent for that much or not, I'd be embarrassed to have those prices on my website

CMweb, Stig who posted earlier owns lots of condos and he seems to turn them over pretty quick, so he can negotiate better than you can if direct. Regardless perhaps you should PM him and get his portflio onboard to expand yours as he emails every agent in town but may not know about you. By his prices he can afford an agent fee.

Rancid, thanks for that. I already contacted him and we'll see what we can work out.

I actually only own a few of those condos. All the others I manage for (mostly overseas) investors and I act on their behalf.

Yes, we pay agent fees, but I would say that the prices for the condos are very reasonable, since they are all rented...

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Stig

Hi,

Regards

Good luck!!

That is the unfurnished price.I wonder what the rent would be if it was furnished.

Found this link from Chiangmaiproperties:

http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/condo/rent/2-Bedrooms-2-bathrooms-with-fully-furnished-in-Riverside-Condo/C424.aspx

Only 6 month lease though... looking for 1 year.

If anyone else is interested I looked at this one today:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/apartments-to-rent/renovated-condo-84-sq-m-on-the-fl-10th-178271.html

I would have taken it on the spot if it had a pool. corner unit, nice finishing, and the price is right. Seems a lot bigger than 84 Sq M. No balcony, but all the windows open and you're pretty much on a balcony! Super bright and new and clean and fresh.

Lol, you have 42sqm Mountain View condo's at 40,000baht a month when ChiangMaiproperties have the same condo's for 10,000baht a month

http://chiangmaiprop...Condo/C924.aspx

Never mind if the owners want to rent for that much or not, I'd be embarrassed to have those prices on my website

No its not the same, its one of this ones

42 Sq.m. price 10,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

48 Sq.m. price 12,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

51 Sq.m. price 15,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

57-67 Sq.m. price 18,000 per month included facilities, contract at least 6 month.

not on the site as we still need to make photos

Hi,

Try this link:

www.chiangmairiversidecondo.com

I know they have a few very nice condos for the long term as I called Joy some days ago.

Too expansive for me however at 20.000 up a month.

She told me she had less expensive but for 79 sqm only. I am looking for a big unit.

There is another thread here about the owners being told that to rent one out they needed a work permit.

I have no idea but it would seem there is a lot of dissension among the owners there. Management seems to be a little changeable. Plus transportation there could be problematical. It is next door to the Holiday Inn and generally there is a tuk tuk there. Not cheap they know they are pretty much the only game in town.

On the positive side it is within 100 meters of a good hospital and the Sunday buffet at the Holiday inn is pricey but worth it. Never had the daily buffet at 230 baht seems another thread talks about it and some say it is no good some say it is really no good. To each his own.

Checked out Riverside Condo on Saturday. The nice one that I was looking at for 6 months apparently cannot be looked at???? Not sure how they expect to rent it out. Another 2 bedroom they showed me ont he 3rd floor was very big (148 sq m) and literally had a cm of dust on everything not to mention a giant pile of bird crap and feathers. "We'll clean for you" Sorry, no amunt of cleaning will ever make that place clean unless you burn everythign and start again! Seems to be the standard in CM, leave the place filthy and ask top dollar rent. How do they expect anyone to rent these places if they haven't been cleaned?

Meanwhile Chaingmaiproperties.co.th is not being so helpful. Called them with a list of 7 properties I wanted to look at on Friday - It's Monday now, no viewings, no callbacks. Even stopped in their office and asked what was going on. I have now resorted to driving to each building and just asking for which units are available. Theres always more for rent than they know about at the front desk, so not the best way. But, I've noticed they have units listed at the desk that Im not seeing online.

blink.png

Checked out Riverside Condo on Saturday. The nice one that I was looking at for 6 months apparently cannot be looked at???? Not sure how they expect to rent it out. Another 2 bedroom they showed me ont he 3rd floor was very big (148 sq m) and literally had a cm of dust on everything not to mention a giant pile of bird crap and feathers. "We'll clean for you" Sorry, no amunt of cleaning will ever make that place clean unless you burn everythign and start again! Seems to be the standard in CM, leave the place filthy and ask top dollar rent. How do they expect anyone to rent these places if they haven't been cleaned?

Meanwhile Chaingmaiproperties.co.th is not being so helpful. Called them with a list of 7 properties I wanted to look at on Friday - It's Monday now, no viewings, no callbacks. Even stopped in their office and asked what was going on. I have now resorted to driving to each building and just asking for which units are available. Theres always more for rent than they know about at the front desk, so not the best way. But, I've noticed they have units listed at the desk that Im not seeing online.

blink.png

the service and knowledge at cmproperties is appalling. i had been here 1 week and went into their chang klan office having done a good number of searches for chiang mai, knowing the buildings, etc. rather well. i sat down at one of their "agents'" desks and i felt like i was helping myself. she didnt know how to do a proper search, didnt know the buildings, and was generally ignorant about the process. and, no, she wasnt new -- had been working there for over a year bah.gif

and riverside is a dump.

Edited by samsara

You never did mention the price range you were willing to pay.

As for a one year contract I am not sure if there is a lot of them out there. It seems that you are severely limiting your choices with that one.

I myself have been in the same residence for five continuous years on a three month contract. The price has only gone up once. But I would also add that the maintenance has also become better.

Good Luck

. i sat down at one of their "agents'" desks and i felt like i was helping myself. she didnt know how to do a proper search, didnt know the buildings, and was generally ignorant about the process. and, no, she wasnt new -- had been working there for over a year bah.gif

and riverside is a dump.

^^ This was EXACTLY my experience. She was showing me hundreds of listings of condos that are already rented! I thought their website was the best so far, especially the feature where you can filter by AVAILABILITY!! post-4641-1156693976.gif

On a side note, I will make the comment that Alice @ Indigo Real Estate was an absolute pleasure to deal with. She made an appointment for me the same day AND showed me three properties in a matter of an hour. Their website is not as cool, but the service was excellent.

http://www.asiapropertyworld.com (not sure if this is their website but they are the contact on most of the listings i looked at)

You never did mention the price range you were willing to pay.

As for a one year contract I am not sure if there is a lot of them out there. It seems that you are severely limiting your choices with that one.

I myself have been in the same residence for five continuous years on a three month contract. The price has only gone up once. But I would also add that the maintenance has also become better.

Good Luck

I'm confused with your comment. I know that you have stayed in the same place for 5 years, but is this the norm? Shouldn't there be some sort of discount on price for taking a year lease? What are the chances of the landlord moving back into their place? This is all rhetorical ofcoure, i just want to have a place that I know will still be there if I go surfing for month.

And I didn't mention a price range because I dont want to limit myself. As mentioned I've seen absolute POS suites going for 25k, and stunning beauties going for 15. I willing to pay whatever it takes to get the place I want. Just like Im willing to visit every single stinking condo building in this city before I find the one that lets me have a dam_n BBQ.

Edited by STUDMEYER

It might be worthwhile taking a look at the Rimping Condo. It's right across the river from the U.S. Consulate.

The pool is on the 6th floor, but is open on three sides. If that's acceptable, I think it meets all your other criteria (almost). The refrigerators they supply are a bit small, but I opted to just buy my own.

The balconies are spacious and allow barbeque.

If you go, look on the bulletin board in the lobby first. You may find one that's recently been remodeled. Though they're all western style, some that the condo owns are a bit dated looking.

It might be worthwhile taking a look at the Rimping Condo. It's right across the river from the U.S. Consulate.

The pool is on the 6th floor, but is open on three sides. If that's acceptable, I think it meets all your other criteria (almost). The refrigerators they supply are a bit small, but I opted to just buy my own.

The balconies are spacious and allow barbeque.

If you go, look on the bulletin board in the lobby first. You may find one that's recently been remodeled. Though they're all western style, some that the condo owns are a bit dated looking.

Thanks for the tip. I was just there today. Theres an OK (finishings are a bit dated) 2 Bdrm on the 17th floor looking south with nice views of river ping, mountains etc... They also told me no BBQs! Price was only 17k. I looked at another one on the 14th floor looking north at the river, it was also... OK.

To anyone else: If you want a big balcony and a magnificent view I'd go there and ask at the front desk for the one on the 17th floor.

THe pool isn't really my style. I like sunshine. Nice little gym area they have there too.

Today I also visited Nakornping Condos, nice pool, older building, older finishings on the available stuff they showed me. Again not my style. Seemed like a cheap hotel.

Also visited hillside plaza, again was struck by the resemblance to a cheaper hotel. hard matress, flat white sheets, giant CRT TV screen from 1997.

In other news chianmaiproperties has organized for me to view some condos tomorrow. The girl on the phone seemed competant and helpful and has set up viewing for 4 of the 6 properties I asked about.