Allen Key Set 11-15Mm

Garry

Hi everyone,

As the topic suggests, I'm after an Allen key set from 11-15mm. I'm even up for an Allen socket set 1/2" or 3/4" drive. Obviously the Allen set will have a larger range but as long as it includes the range I'm after. Either size drive 1/2" or 3/4" is fine by me.

If anyone can point me to a shop that I can get in touch with it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

Hi Garry ,I have not seen any allen key sets over 10mm size in Thailand but I have bought individual allen keys from the hardware shop called 'Home Hub' all their shops I visited seem to hold a good range,including 1\2 " drive sockets.

Allen sockets (1/2") are available along Sukumvit Rd in Pattaya, but I bought mine at the Chonburi Friday night market and saved heaps of baht. It's a gold mine of tools and engineering gear at fair prices......well it is compared to Pattaya!

At 10mm and over, the torques that the bolts are capable of can be daunting to an allen/hex key. If you can find it, I'd recommend the socket set for use with a ratchet or torque wrench. Brought mine from the US, as finding tools not made of pig-iron in LoS requires much tambon, alms & prayers with the Family Monk at the temple on an auspicious day.

Allen sockets (1/2") are available along Sukumvit Rd in Pattaya, but I bought mine at the Chonburi Friday night market and saved heaps of baht. It's a gold mine of tools and engineering gear at fair prices......well it is compared to Pattaya!

Where is the chonburi market located exactly? How far out of pattaya is it? Thanks

At 10mm and over, the torques that the bolts are capable of can be daunting to an allen/hex key. If you can find it, I'd recommend the socket set for use with a ratchet or torque wrench. Brought mine from the US, as finding tools not made of pig-iron in LoS requires much tambon, alms & prayers with the Family Monk at the temple on an auspicious day.

bbradsby, I know my way around tools, but thanks for the thought :)

Where is the chonburi market located exactly? How far out of pattaya is it? Thanks

It's actually before Chonburi itself. If you know where Makro is that helps. The market is along Soi Nartmontasevee 7 (?) and runs for a fair way towards a Westerly direction in lanes and vacant land....which is were you will find the tool guys. Co-ords are 13°20'23.57"N & 100°56'58.19"E. From there you will be able to see what you need to see.

Garry, don't know where you're located, but Nana Screw in CM might have them.

Hi Semper,

I'm located in CR but not currently in country. Where I'm currently working there are no tool shops.

I have a buddy heading down to CM next week. Where specifically is Nana Screw located? I could probably Google it, but that can be hit & miss.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Hi Semper,

I'm located in CR but not currently in country. Where I'm currently working there are no tool shops.

I have a buddy heading down to CM next week. Where specifically is Nana Screw located? I could probably Google it, but that can be hit & miss.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Just adjacent to 7/11.

post-49205-0-30601500-1343557923_thumb.p

Hi Semper,

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Just adjacent to 7/11.

It's actually before Chonburi itself. If you know where Makro is that helps. The market is along Soi Nartmontasevee 7 (?) and runs for a fair way towards a Westerly direction in lanes and vacant land....which is were you will find the tool guys. Co-ords are 13°20'23.57"N & 100°56'58.19"E. From there you will be able to see what you need to see.

love gps thanks. gonna try and remember this friday.

Hi Semper,

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Just adjacent to 7/11.

My buddy found the place with no problems whatsoever. Supposedly the guy inside was very helpful. He never had a socket set per se, but he had both individual Allen key sockets & Allen Keys available in the larger sizes I was after. Now I can pull my swingarm out and press on with the bearing & bush servicing I've been wanting to carry out for awhile now.

Thanks all,

Regards,

Garry

Edited by Garry