Rave On Maenam Beach Last Night Till 3Am

Last night slap bang in the middle of Maenam beach, a new bar opened playing loud "rave" music till 3am. The bar is surrounded by residential houses. They cannot possibly have a license for this. It totally destroys the peace and serenity of the beach. This is not Chaweng. Did anyone else hear it and inconvenienced by it? I will be making a complaint but the more objectors the better. I have no idea how often they intend to do this but one more time is bad enough. I fear the worst as they have set up tables and chairs outside their bar. Nobody in the immediate area could have got any sleep until it stopped. I believe it is Thai owned so as a faring I didn't want to address the issue with them directly last night for obvious reasons.

Edited by Major Major
  • Like 1

Look for some local Thais to see of they are bothered by this noise

They might be able to arrange things

I agree that chaw eng has always been the party part of the island so I cannot sympathies with people to chewang and complain as it has always been a party part of town but for people that have escaped to mana

For peace an quiet I do sympathize as this is not the best way to promote business in Samui

By a peace full house away from noise with no guarantee that a rave can park next to you in the future

You should try ma'am police station if they are illegal then the police shall be interested

Which area Major Major? I live quite near the beach close to central Maenam but did not here anything excessive last night and i was out on my balcony pretty late

Say 200 metros from old pier/Walking Street , left as you are looking at sea, about 50 metres from Sea One restaurant.

You have my sympathy. A similar thing happened near me a while ago.

You might need for it to happen more than once before you get anywhere. Once could be 'opening night/birthday etc.

As Big C suggests, local Thais. The older the better, especially if they have lived in the area all of their life. Also Thais that have 'power/money, that helps.

Local hotels. Talk to the GM's/owners. The local hotels are likely to loose business if it happens on a regular basis. Here, the more stars the hotel has - the better.

When it happened near me, I started writing to various travel agents that represented the hotels. A few comments on hotel review sites also increases pressure/involvement on the hotels. (The internet is wonderful for this. If it is on the internet - it must be true!) I found that because I could not sleep, I had lots of time to write/complain to people!sad.png

Good luck.

• Like 2

Maenam, the new Chawang.... oh no! whistling.gif

Lucky for me I am out of ear shot of the beach areas, but sounds pretty close to Santi Buri, if close to Sea One. .... ? I bet Santi Buri will have some thing to say about it, if it continues....

A few nights ago, there was an almighty bang of fireworks, near my place, which really pissed off everyone in the area at 1.15 am.... shock1.gifcrazy.gif

At first the Thai's blamed the Burmese camp next door, but it was not them (usually quiet as church mice) .... It turned out that it was Russians, living in the neighbourhood.....

I think words have been said to the landlady of the rented house, by some influential Thais in the area.... So that can (we hope work).... time will tell... wink.png

What are the laws ( if any ) regarding noise ... there has been zoning ..... which allowed Absolute to build in Tong Krut and higher buildings in Lamai etc but what can stop a bar on a public beach playing loud music .....does the tesse bahn have any control ?

Which area Major Major? I live quite near the beach close to central Maenam but did not here anything excessive last night and i was out on my balcony pretty late

Say 200 metros from old pier/Walking Street , left as you are looking at sea, about 50 metres from Sea One restaurant.

Ah ok, i'm 300/400 metres towards to the right....thankfully. Like Samuijimmy said I doubt Santiburi would put up with that for too long

I feel for you... The same thing happened to Bang Rak... It was a great little village till the bars opened up and It Sucks now... 22 year here and the change has been for the worse.... Truly miss the way it was....

What are the laws ( if any ) regarding noise ... there has been zoning ..... which allowed Absolute to build in Tong Krut and higher buildings in Lamai etc but what can stop a bar on a public beach playing loud music .....does the tesse bahn have any control ?

yes i have seen them go around in their truck looking for illegal set ups but there is the alternave way round with the Thai law things can be cleared in other ways