Internet Suppliers In Chiang Mai

masuk

I'm about to move out of the city, and 18km north. I've read thru a lot of suggestions on internet providers, but then noted the dates were mostly 2009.

Can anyone help with the latest info please? I'm not even sure there's a landline to the house, but I'm supposing it's done via satellite now.

I'll also be looking at a reasonable TV hook-up, and more advice always appreciated!!

Edited by onthedarkside
Reformatted to standard black font.
  • Like 1

Mae Rim is a 3BB area. Really good speeds.

They also offer a IPTV service.

2,900bht for installation, 4 port wireless router and wireless IPTV box, then 790bht a month

http://iptv.3bb.co.t.../home/index.php

Thanks for the info and the contact site. not too sure what a "3BB" area is, but sounds good!

I'll see if they do TV as well. So far this condo has had no TV since "blackout night" 2 weeks back. Not a peep about the Olympics.

I've had much better service from TOT than 3Bb [or what ever they call themselves now] and TOT is expanding their service to outlying areas from CM using a long range wireless system that provides much better service than the old 'wired' service. You might want to check out their 'wi-net' plan.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll follow these up on my return to Chiang Mai.

Edited by onthedarkside
Reformatted to standard black font

• 5 weeks later...

I'm coming to Chiang Mai in mid Nov for 1 month and I need a place that has a wired internet connection, not just wifi.

I will need to do some office work and to be able to connect my modem/router and VOIP box.

Any idea of a place that will rent out a room/apt for a month with a wired connection?

thx