Where To Go For Thai Food (Buffet) ?

Noriki

For that price I have no idea however for 199 baht I would suggest "Ninja" which is Thai BBQ & Buffet. I believe you can also pay 300 baht that includes the Sea-food buffet however to me it's not worth it as there is enough sea-food in the regular selection.

This is the type where you have the fire in the middle of your table with a round soup/cooking pot on top and you chose whatever you want from the buffet and cook it yourself. You can even pay an extra 20 baht and have them BBQ a bunch of prawns for you and bring them to your table. The selection is very large including sea-food, meat and vegetables and there is also a buffet of pre-cooked food to chose from (Khao pat, Chicken legs, french fries, spaggetti etc.)

It is by far my favorite place to eat and they are all over Thailand. Pattaya has 2 locations; One is behind Big-C on Sukhumvit and the other is on 3rd rd between Pattaya Nua and Pattaya Klang. If you went down Pattaya Nua and turned left on 3rd rd it would be about 1k down on your left.

I have been to a few of those all you call eat bbq joints on 3rd road but I certainly wouldn't classify that as a Thai food buffet.

They are decent mind you but to me a Thai food buffet needs to have more Thai dishes than a Thai soup and fried rice.

I have been to a few of those all you call eat bbq joints on 3rd road but I certainly wouldn't classify that as a Thai food buffet.

They are decent mind you but to me a Thai food buffet needs to have more Thai dishes than a Thai soup and fried rice.

What would you classify it as? Farang food buffet? I don't think so. It's what Thai's eat. Maybe no Essarn food but then again what do people from Essarn eat when they come to Pattaya.....SEA-FOOD.

For that price I have no idea however for 199 baht I would suggest "Ninja" which is Thai BBQ & Buffet. I believe you can also pay 300 baht that includes the Sea-food buffet however to me it's not worth it as there is enough sea-food in the regular selection.

This is the type where you have the fire in the middle of your table with a round soup/cooking pot on top and you chose whatever you want from the buffet and cook it yourself. You can even pay an extra 20 baht and have them BBQ a bunch of prawns for you and bring them to your table. The selection is very large including sea-food, meat and vegetables and there is also a buffet of pre-cooked food to chose from (Khao pat, Chicken legs, french fries, spaggetti etc.)

It is by far my favorite place to eat and they are all over Thailand. Pattaya has 2 locations; One is behind Big-C on Sukhumvit and the other is on 3rd rd between Pattaya Nua and Pattaya Klang. If you went down Pattaya Nua and turned left on 3rd rd it would be about 1k down on your left.

There is another one which used to be a club of some sort located in between Hollywood and Jamesons Irish pub (sorry not sure what the road is called) which is currently offering at 179 baht with a separate beer offer of 2 large bottles of Chang Export at 90 baht. Some good quality ingredients, loads of fresh fruit but not as much sea food - however you can make your own Somtam.......

What would you classify it as? Farang food buffet? I don't think so. It's what Thai's eat. Maybe no Essarn food but then again what do people from Essarn eat when they come to Pattaya.....SEA-FOOD.

yes.. it's called Korean BBQ.

I never saw Mongolian BBQ in Thailand, but i remember the were the rage in Europe in the nineties. You'd fill a plate from a number of trays, meat and vegs, was very colorful and looked nice. You then handed it over too a short order cook who'd fry it on a flat plate, and you'd get a plate full of gray yuk back ;)

Strange that they call it a Korean BBQ as it bears very little resemblance to real Korean BBQ restaurants, which normally feature very good cuts of beef which the Ninja type places certainly don't, nor do they really BBQ anything, it just gets cooked stuck on the side of a hot aluminum bowl.

Strange that they call it a Korean BBQ as it bears very little resemblance to real Korean BBQ restaurants, which normally feature very good cuts of beef which the Ninja type places certainly don't, nor do they really BBQ anything, it just gets cooked stuck on the side of a hot aluminum bowl.

Well, it's still Thailand mate.. you can call it "Korean BBQ in Thailand". But's it's not "Thai" food.

If you want one with very good meats then might I suggest the one in Central Mall.. It costs like 400thb a person but the meat is superb. It's called ...dam_n name escapes me but it's next to the central brand store on the 5th floor I believe. They sever both the open flame BBQ as well as the soup style

Edited by Jayman

^ The Thais call it "Korean BBQ"

Every part of Thailand I have ever visited call it, muu gata.

call it what you want.. it's not Thai food in the classic sense of the term.

moo is just pork.. and I'm not 100% what gata means but I think it's like the cooking surface that is used. Maybe even the word for pan กะทะ

Edited by Jayman

The hotel at the end of soi 13 and second rd have a buffet restaurant.

Can't remember the name but you walk down soi 13 from second rd end and it's about 50mts on the

right.

Price is under 200bt per head.

Good variety of Thai & western food, eat as much as you want.