Vegetarian Sarapao (Bbq "Pork Buns And More)

Ulysses G.

I have been eating mostly vegetarian food for the last few months and have missed sarapao buns as they are usually filled with fatty meat (or sweet ones filled with beans - that I do not really like).

One of my favorite Thai vegetarian places near Wat Prasing has started carrying vegetarian sarapao in the last few weeks, but, be warned, they usually sell out early in the day. They have a bunch of varieties, but IMO the imitation meat ones (filled with mushrooms) are the best and they have a few different kinds for sale. This is the only place that I have seen selling anything like this and to me they taste almost as good as the ones with meat, but are much healthier. Their other vegan food is good too and very reasonably priced

Mingwan Vegetarian Food

98/4 Rachamandun Road, near Wat Prasing

053 2212 069

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Try this place in moo baan Chiang Mai Land them Taiwanese make vegie buns too.

Aristide - 2 Things here for you.

1) So is it the fruit vendor there ? I always just cut thru CM Land. Ate at a Korean place there once, oh, and went to a Japanese mkt that I think is no longer there, but I pretty much don't know what's on offer in CM Land. So what shop do I ask for if I go up by the fruit vendors ?

2) How do I say your name ? In an autistic way I half want to say 'artistic' with a new twist. But in my head I think it's more like a French sounding or a Lord-of-the-Rings-sounding name Air-ris-teed. Is that how it goes ? Crazy, but my mind gets stuck in a loop every time I see your name.

1) So is it the fruit vendor there ?

It's a Taiwannese place right next to the fruit vendor. Actually it is quite a small Taiwanese community there at least the owner of fruit vendor and the Taiwanese bistro that sell vegie buns are both Taiwanese. They also serve some homemade Tawainese dishes there.

2) How do I say your name ? In an autistic way I half want to say 'artistic' with a new twist.

It's a French name that I don't even know how to pronounce.

Edited by ARISTIDE
  • Like 1

Ah Mingkwan---i was there for lunch and dinner many days..even though the small girl gives me the dead eye stare daily as am i that forgettable that i have to remind here i dont want rice...ugh.

Then it seems when the boss lady is there(whom i have a schoolboy crush on btw) the prices seem much lower

I had some takeaway the other week-2 items and some mushrooms-40 baht--its usually been 25 when i eat in?

Not a big deal but i dont get it as i order the same amount almost everytime--so now i pay as soon as i get my food but they almost insist i pay after--instead of trying to remember what i ate---of course backwards...TIT!!!

So if anyone one to leak i like the bosslady--i know she just had a baby but cant say ive ever seen pappy about

wub.png

The portions are bigger with takeaway food so the prices are higher. I sometimes get rice and sometimes don't and tell them which I want each time. It is a busy place. They have a lot of customers and probably can't remember every one's personal preferences.

You are welcome.

They have been trying a bunch of new products the last few weeks, but they have them when they have them - you can't be sure what they will have at any particular time. They now have already prepared veggie burgers and veggie hot dogs and fresh as well as fried spring rolls. I have not tried all of the different types, but the ones that I did taste (most of the sarpao and the fresh spring rolls) were pretty good.

Ah Mingkwan---i was there for lunch and dinner many days..even though the small girl gives me the dead eye stare daily as am i that forgettable that i have to remind here i dont want rice...ugh.

Then it seems when the boss lady is there(whom i have a schoolboy crush on btw) the prices seem much lower

I had some takeaway the other week-2 items and some mushrooms-40 baht--its usually been 25 when i eat in?

Not a big deal but i dont get it as i order the same amount almost everytime--so now i pay as soon as i get my food but they almost insist i pay after--instead of trying to remember what i ate---of course backwards...TIT!!!

So if anyone one to leak i like the bosslady--i know she just had a baby but cant say ive ever seen pappy about

wub.png

Yeah, she's alright. She doesn't look Thai though. Any idea where she is from?

wub.png

Yeah, she's alright. She doesn't look Thai though. Any idea where she is from?

Is she the woman who usually takes the money and sometimes helps serve food? She seems Thai to me, but maybe I am thinking of the manager, rather than the owner?

Aristide said: It's a French name that I don't even know how to pronounce.

==============================================

Pretty much as it looks, I believe.

Aris -- say it as a Londoner (some of them) would say "Harris", dropping the H.

tide -- pronounced "teed", as in "We teed off at the first hole at 8am."

Slight emphasis on the last syllable. Arris-teed.

Bit short of things to do this morning. I'm off to count my collection of buttons in a minute.

• Like 1