Getting To Hua Hin From West Of The River?

ruddy2000

First of all I have never been to Hua Hin so please excuse me if this question has been asked before..

I was just wondering, I live in the Ban Khae area west of the river so what would be the easiest option for me to get down to Hua Hin?

Heading to Khao San for a minivan? ..Hua lampong for the train? Or Ekamai in the city? Or just on the off chance to make things easier how much would a taxi direct be?

I'm hopefully looking at going tomorrow at 6pm.

Any ideas?

Taxi should be between 1,5000 and 2,000 baht which compared to the bus at about 100 baht is rather expensive (mini van 180). Unless you have loads of luggage the bus is probably the easiest option and you can find the ticket office cunningly hidden on the third floor of the southern bus terminal (if I remember correctly buses run 2 or 3 times an hour so just turn up and grab the next one).

The closest would the main city bus stop in front of The Mall Bang Khae.

Regular coaches on the way to Cha Am/Hua Hin stop there every 45 minutes (or so...) during daytime.

It's very cheap (THB 80) but very tedious regarding the fact that they are usually more than packed and stop nearly everywhere all way down Petchasem road .

lazygourmet talks of the past-plus that these buses (the orange/white 2nd cl allstops) do NOT stop in ''front'' (whatever that may be on that rounded building) of that Mall. These do not run along Phetkasem anymore-ceased around 12-10 yr ago-they follow outer ring and go south along extended ramII. Most of them have been replaced by exactly those vans.

Not even got a friend able to read the Thai on all that buslines along Phetkasem/market, tesco etc. Bang Khae? route 146 is a circular-but take the 1 going west to that Mall, and runs along ring rd-turns right-into That new road with overpass-and then stops ACROSS Sai Thai (other ring-your chance for a real think), where you go in, up, lok around and find BLUE windows for HHin bus-buy ticet-get instructions and wait for screens.

route 147 is also a circular-but runs south from Pkasem-along outer ring, then turns left into tesco/KeHa-along RamII-Centran/BigC, for the other minivans. it has a unicum-also a few AC buses for same fare as the normal ones.

for those eternal minority always proclaiming the iron roads: take a countrybus along Phetkasem (nrs 88, 8x?) to nakorn pathom=the big chedi, get off, walk north, find station-and wait a few hours for train (as these mainly run afternoon only).