Ipad 2

croweater

Tukcom also has an official Apple store, as does Central Festival. Not a bad place to buy one, especially with all the VERY good copies running around.

Tukcom also has an official Apple store, as does Central Festival. Not a bad place to buy one, especially with all the VERY good copies running around.

Tukcom or Festival "not a bad place to buy"??? Edited by croweater

As is true anywhere in the world, it's best to shop around to get the best price. If that's important to you.

But sometimes the best price could mean it's a fake.

If i were to buy an Apple product i would only choose an official store, as you suggested in your previous post.

Yes the Apple store on the ground floor at tukcom is ok. There is also an Apple dealer on the 3rd floor. Why not buy a new iPad 3? The price depends on how many gig you want, e.g.; 16, 32 or 64g.

I believe the 16g starts around 22,000 baht

I just got a new Ipad (3) for 16.5k at Numchai 2 weeks ago. I prefered the wifi version as i can make a hotspot on my phone and use it everywhere with my datapackage from AIS smile.png

I just got a new Ipad (3) for 16.5k at Numchai 2 weeks ago. I prefered the wifi version as i can make a hotspot on my phone and use it everywhere with my datapackage from AIS smile.png

Is it a dinkum 3? Been to tukcom and Festival today, 22K.

I don't think the Apple shop in Tukcom is an "official" store if i remember correctly.

They have no Apple "genius's" there whereas in the shop in Central Festival you can go in and ask for assistance advice related to all Mac products.

Avoid the iStudio Apple store in Central Beach. They are very unhelpful (in my experience).

Official prices can be found here: http://store.apple.c...pad/family/ipad

16.5k baht is the right price for the 16GB model, 22.5k will get you the 64GB model.

I have not seen much variation from this in the dealers. The shop on the ground floor in Tuk Com is OK, as is the store on the 3rd floor. Power Buy in Central Beach sells them. If you buy from somewhere selling a range of Apple products then you will be OK.

Edited by FracturedRabbit

<snip>

According to Apples list of resellers the only official Apple reseller in Pattaya is "iStudio by Com7 @ Central Pattaya Beach".

I can confirm it can be very difficult to get any sort of support/warranty on products bought in Tukcom. I bought a cheap 7" Android tablet for my wife to watch movies on. It was prominently marked Samsung and at 2,700 baht obviously a fake. No problem with that, but two weeks later it would no longer charge, either through charger or USB. When I went back with it they refused to do anything about it, so I went to City Hall and asked assistance from the nice people in the consumer protection office. After a soft-spoken phone call I returned to the shop, and now they were all smiles and apologies and the tablet was repaired with no charge. The guy in City Hall directly suggested to buy electronics somewhere else in the future.

Edited by craigt3365

<snip>

According to Apples list of resellers the only official Apple reseller in Pattaya is "iStudio by Com7 @ Central Pattaya Beach".

I can confirm it can be very difficult to get any sort of support/warranty on products bought in Tukcom. I bought a cheap 7" Android tablet for my wife to watch movies on. It was prominently marked Samsung and at 2,700 baht obviously a fake. No problem with that, but two weeks later it would no longer charge, either through charger or USB. When I went back with it they refused to do anything about it, so I went to City Hall and asked assistance from the nice people in the consumer protection office. After a soft-spoken phone call I returned to the shop, and now they were all smiles and apologies and the tablet was repaired with no charge. The guy in City Hall directly suggested to buy electronics somewhere else in the future.

Wow! Fantastic. Congrats. You're my hero!!

Silly to buy an ipad2 when the ipad3 is only a bit more expensive. 16gb ipad3 16,500 baht. Better to buy from the official stores than take the risk to save 2,000 baht.

Silly to buy an ipad2 when the ipad3 is only a bit more expensive. 16gb ipad3 16,500 baht. Better to buy from the official stores than take the risk to save 2,000 baht.

Took you advice ol son. Ipad3 32 gb 19500 with a 1395 vat refund, going on hols next week. Edited by croweater