Children Family Dentist

lemel

Does anyone have any positive experience with regards a dentist that deals with children. I know they all do, but would like someone who has had experienceof a particular dentis, as this will be the kids first visit and I would like a friendly and positive outcome. Alas my own dentist is good but a bit terrifying, (she scares me) so wont use her.

Took my daughter for her first dentist visit last week to BPH - Dr Wanlapa Sanguanwong. I was very impressed with how she handled her as I was expecting drama. Settled her down watching a pingu cartoon first, let her hold her own little mirror to watch what was going on and finished off with a balloon sculpture. Also spent a lot of time with my wife expalining how to take care of my daughters teeth.

• Like 1

I have always had good experiences with BPH dental clinic. I use Dr Apinya (sp?) and she told me to bring my youngster in with me for my next cleaning so he can sit on my lap and watch to make him feel more comfortable with it all. Prices are a little higher than other clinics around town but they do a better job IMHO.. About 1000thb (maybe tad less) or so for a proper cleaning

Took my daughter for her first dentist visit last week to BPH - Dr Wanlapa Sanguanwong. I was very impressed with how she handled her as I was expecting drama. Settled her down watching a pingu cartoon first, let her hold her own little mirror to watch what was going on and finished off with a balloon sculpture. Also spent a lot of time with my wife expalining how to take care of my daughters teeth.

Thanks for that but shes booked up till the 13th. I dont mind paying more for that extra service, but would rather not take them to someone who does not give them that special consideration. The first time my sister went she met a real dick and shes been scared ever since, hwere I had a great dentist the first time and I am comfortable with them. Those first impressions are so important.

-Just be careful at BPH, a few years back there was a Thai dentist that thought everyone needed a root-canal. I discovered this when a group of us expats were talking about our dentist experience at BPH. Strange how three of us were told the solution was a "root canal" including my friend's 10 year old daughter. For me, I knew I did not need a root canal since I had just been to my hometown dentist of 15 years in USA one month before.

Toenail, Thanks for that but they have no cavitys, its just for a general check and clean. But I know what your saying I was told the same thing 7 years ago and I am still Ok.Thats whats put me off going back to BHP

Went to BPH 1 time fore only a tooth removal and will NEVER go back. I had an infection after and the idiot cracked my jaw bone. You couldn't pay me to go back.

I guess you have to judge each dentist on their own merits. I have been seeing Dr Apinya for years at bph and have always been nothing but satisfied. Look up and see another dentist there was also recommended. Since others complain about their experience without sharing the name of the dentist it would be silly to discount the entire dental clinic for what could be one bad apple.

Come to think of it I got her name as a recommendation from Gary Hacker many years ago.

Edited by Jayman