Drivers License In Chiang Mai

eljuwa

All Thai Visa forum members were very helpful in giving me counsel to get my 1 year renewal of license done. I have a few more questions, please.

1) Is the copy of my rental agreement sufficient in lieu going to the US Embassy to obtain an expensive Residency certificate.? One member already stated my rental agreement was sufficient. I just want to be sure. I do not like to go to the US Consulate and pay for this letter.

2) So, I need various copies from my passport. I need a residency letter. I need a doctor's certificate. Are there other forms that I need to get from the Hong Dong office? If any could I down load same. I am trying to avoid making a visit to the 2nd floor to ask that lady there.

Thanks much

James

Forms http://www.dlt.go.th...eform/index.php

I don't think there is an English version. You should be able to find what you need anyway. If not, avoiding going to the office does not make sense as the information may be unreliable. In my experience the driving license people and the information people at the office are quite helpful.

If you look at some of the responses in this and other threads you will see that their are different experiences or memories of the experiences.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

When it's time to take your picture the lady behind the desk will most likely say, "10 baht". This gives one the impression that an additional 10 baht is needed for the photo. However, what she's really saying is that if you would like a blue plastic cover for your new driver's license it costs 10 baht.

Had I known what was up, I would have said no. The nice blue cover isn't necessary because I have a nice window in my wallet for my driver's license.

It's only 10 baht but they should say what it's for instead of having people think it's a mandatory charge.

I received about 14 replies to my question about Drivers License in Chiang Mai. I wish to thank all of you very much for consideration. Thanks again

Well, that's not enough! This is Chiangmai. We are bored and don't need anyone to tell us when to stop posting. w00t.gif

Btw, this questions comes up every 14 days and we thankfully answer it over and over again, haha.