Hail To The Hippopotamus

Limbo

It's said he, she or it came to Chiangmai to strengthen the friendship between Germany and Thailand.

I hope it really works.

I never had the idea that there was any animosity between Germany and Thailand but if there was I am sure this animal will contribute to an ending of it. The animal enlisted at the Mae Fah Luang University in Chiang Rai to study 'phasa muang' first and to do some courses in food processing there as well.

In due time it will be served at the infamous restaurant of your local zoo.

Praise to our respected member Chownah, who thinks that, in my opinion quite premature, this information should have been posted on the Chiang Mai Forum and not in the Chiang Rai Forum.

It is not really worth the trouble, but more information can be found at the Chiang Rai Forum.

The story remembers me of the time that the German Government donated German sheepdogs to the Thai government, which were trained for police work. A group of Thai police officers were invited to Germany to be trained to handle them.

The Thai police men enjoyed their stay in Germany so much that they hardly found time to participate in the training.

At the festive presentation of the dogs in Bangkok with all the 'big shots' present they commanded the dogs in Thai. And, shit, these dogs only responded to German commands.

Which means that they didn't respond at all. The story tells that the dogs were killed the same day and that the responsible police officers went to jail for two years.

Long time ago, long time ago ...

Long live the hippopatamolus or whatever this animal is called.

Greetings from Chiang Rai !

Limbo :o