Are You Satisfied With True Mobile Service ?

duiter

Hi,

Are you satisfied with True mobile service ?

Is there any better network than True ?

How to check remaining credit on your phone ?

How to check your mobile number because you just buy the SIM card and you just throw away the SIM card pack

Thanks

I agree with what CharlieH says however in terms of overall network coverage TRUE is by far and away the worst provider in Thailand. I very stupidly changed all my companies mobiles from AIS to TRUE last year. Without ranting too much, It was an unmigated disaster which took months to get out of. Never ever again. Never.

• Like 1

I had True Mobile. Now I have AIS. With true I constantly had dropped calls, messages had to be sent multiple times before they would go through. And I live on Asoke.

With AIS I have zero problems.

True sucks big time, and coverage outside Bangkok is spotty and almost non-existant outside Thailand.

People tend to be quite emotional when it comes to mobile telephony service providers here almost to the point of being zealots. And they can become quite indignant when you don't choose the same provider as they have?

It is very easy to try the different pre-paid service providers, SIMs are ~ 49 baht each, and it is reasonably easy to port your number, before ultimately deciding on a longer term relationship.

AIS/One-2-Call has the most subscribers, followed by DTAC/Happy, then TrueMove in last place. TrueMove is generally recognized as the worst performing provider in any number of categories: coverage, call quality, call completion, data coverage, customer service, roaming, international roaming, lack of customer self-service tools. They continue to lose money every quarter, while AIS and DTAC are profitable.

Edited by lomatopo

I have true and my wife have dtac.

I travel extensively throughout Thailand.

From my experience, True's service has improved. I can hardly find a location without coverage.

With this said, Dtac service is very poor. The signal and data drops often and is unreachable about 20% of the time.

• Like 2

The wife and I have had DTAC for almost 4 years now here in Bangkok...no problems in call quality or customer service.

The wife and I were also on a TrueMobile postpay plan almost 4 years ago, call quality OK, but after the first monthly bills arrived OK it seems they never could figure out how to get the monthly bills to us again at the same residence the first bills arrived to OK. True would blame the post office or say just come to a service center to pay your bill if the bill don't show up...canceled the service after about 5 months due to their poor billing/customer service. It was indeed strange as we had TrueVisions service (still do), had the exact same address on both the TrueMobile and TrueVisions accounts but TrueMobile just couldn't seem to get the monthly postpay bills to arrive our home mailbox....the TrueVisions bill always found our mailbox. Probably just something messed up in TrueMobile's billing system they never could fix for us even after we went to the service center several times over serveral months in trying to get the billing problem fixed......never could get it fixed so we switched to DTAC....no problems since in billing/customer service nor call quality.

Over the years when talking to my Thai friends and in-laws regarding the different cell phone companies, although a slight majority are with AIS due to AIS's huge array of prepaid plans, most seem to think DTAC probably provides the better service although AIS service is fine. Heck, I even have one relative that works at AIS and she even told me one time about 6 months ago that DTAC probably provides better service. Most of my other friends/in-laws are with DTAC and only a few use True.

For whatever reasons, seems a lot of expats are with True...probably better advertising or more English advertisements that lure folks in. But since expats probably only make up maybe 1-2% of the folks in Thailand, they can't offset the remaining 98% of Thais which seem to predominately select AIS or DTAC over True.

Your experiences may (will) vary.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

As I said on another topic,,,,,

for many years had Hutch, rarely ever a problem on coverage were I go. True bought them so Forced to change phone and have this new H service from True, it has been the worst 6 months, coverage very bad, most calls line/connection drops..or unable to connect...

Contract ended last week, and cancelled [now 2 weeks ago]... bought a AIS 1-2 call sim and 100 baht worth of credit and put in the True H phone, so far never a dropped call and never been without coverage..

Had AIS contract from 2003 untill going with Hutch, think about early 2006