Chalerm: Opposition Politicians Involved In Crimes In South

webfact

Chalerm hasn't been able to accomplish too much, Perhaps Thai Airways Could Use His Expertise in Running and straightening the Airline.

I heard they have 5 applications on the Table..one more application from a dead beat local boy like Chalerm wouldn't hurt.

And if someone on the board got out of line, he could hire his son to shoot the bas "turd." coffee1.gifgiggle.gifermm.gif

And if anyone wanted to arrest him and put him in Jail..He could whip out his Ez-Bribe Get Out Of Jail Card.

I am beginning to see the distinct advantage of the EZ-Bribe Cards. Yes Sir Ree Bob!

es

Chalerm has a dodgy past also:

http://en.wikipedia....alerm_Yubamrung

He was accused of press interference and had ongoing conflicts with the military, to the point that he was cited by the coup-makers as one of the reasons for the 1991 military coup d'état. In the wake of the coup Chalerm was among the politicians accused of "unusual wealth", and had 32 million baht in assets seized.[1] He fled Thailand to live in Sweden and Denmark until the political situation cooled down.

More interesting info on his political parties in the link.

So he was a target for coup makers in 1991 and fled the country after the coup. Sounds pretty dodgy. As we all know: coups in Thailand are just about this unusual wealth thing, as the coup makers say.

And?

I'm surprised that so many actually pay attention to what he says. Almost every week it's a new revelation, never to be backed up.

The ever polite PM, whenever her party is falling down on the job (frequently), calls on the pit-bull to throw some <deleted> at the opposition. Wonder if he will ever have the balls to visit the south as I'm sure he is ever so popular there.

Chalerm said he would not name any politicians, and was simply informing Parliament that such illegal business complicated the troubles in the South.

Come on Charlem, give us the names, please.

Names?

That's not how it works.

First, he has to list a chronic medical malady as a means to identify the responsible party...

'Men in black' are policemen, Chalerm claims

He added that the mastermind behind these groups was now suffering from Parkinson's disease.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4908402

And then, he.... uhhh...uhmmm... errrr..... never returns to the issue.

You mean he wont do the cleanup in Pattaya and Phuket?sad.png

I'm surprised that so many actually pay attention to what he says. Almost every week it's a new revelation, never to be backed up.

The ever polite PM, whenever her party is falling down on the job (frequently), calls on the pit-bull to throw some <deleted> at the opposition. Wonder if he will ever have the balls to visit the south as I'm sure he is ever so popular there.

Yea it's working like a charm on some TV posters so its going according to their plan.

Surely RTA Major/RTP Lieutenant Duang would be the perfect multi-skilled officer to send on a fact finding mission. And he's so good with a pistol, he wouldn't need a bodyguard.

I often wonder what Thais think of Chalerm.

Don't know how I'd find out though. I guess he gets voted in by his constituency each time, but that can be interpreted many ways

AFAIK Chalerm gets in on the party list as it would be demeaning for a person of his "stature" to have to face an electorate. One excelleny reason to abandon the party list concept.

• Like 1

Don't know how I'd find out though. I guess he gets voted in by his constituency each time, but that can be interpreted many ways

Chalerm is a Party List MP, so he doesn't have a constituency. (How else could the creep get elected?)

It's rather pathetic how they keep the charade of Chalerm being assigned to do this or that, he is the enforcer in the government, the one at the wheel (following the Captain's orders of course) while Yingluck is the figurehead to smile and look immaculate at the photo ops. Unfortunately a large percentage of the population fall for the swindle and those who know better and still support the PTP government "See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil".

Chalerm is a Party List MP, so he doesn't have a constituency. (How else could the creep get elected?)

It's rather pathetic how they keep the charade of Chalerm being assigned to do this or that, he is the enforcer in the government, the one at the wheel (following the Captain's orders of course) while Yingluck is the figurehead to smile and look immaculate at the photo ops. Unfortunately a large percentage of the population fall for the swindle and those who know better and still support the PTP government "See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil".

Oh, I see. thanks for the info

anecdotedly, the Thais I know think he's a dick but I get the feeling he doesn't really feature in their consciousness so, wisely, they don't really devote too many brain cells to his existence. Probably the same could be said of their opinion for all of the politicians. Not a bad strategy.

Police Captain Chalerm was # 3 on the Pheu Thai Party-list MP roster of 125, behind only Yingluck and Yongyuth.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/05/19/national/Pheu-Thai-party-list-candidates-30155701.html

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Typical Chalerm - accusations without proof; guess he's worried about being sued for defamation. No such thing as parliamentary privilege here!

Looks like he's only doing the below

"Chalerm said he would not name any politicians, and was simply informing Parliament that such illegal business complicated the troubles in the South."

Are some MP's worried?

He is supposedly the top law enforcement agent in the country. If that's so, and he sniffs out law-breaking, he should mobilize the proper authorities and deal with it effectively. Instead, he prances around the topic in his typically subjective politically-riven way. If he wants to make a dent in fixing problems in southern Thailand, he can start by disciplining the top brass who enabled scores of young Muslim men to get killed while in army custody.

• Like 1

Was he a little heavy on the ear infection medication again?

I'd go out on a limb here and say that Chalerm is taking over the role of the most politically divisive figure in Thailand.

Forget about reconciliation.

If a "peace" deal is to made between the contending parties, this guy has to shut up. Permanently.

Retirement would be good for him.

Chalerm and Suthep

Same act, same smell, different face.

Change cobras and keep dancing.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1