No New Ideas To Deal With South: Thailand

webfact

If the provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkla are given autonomy at any time

in the future somebody must pass away first as I believe he would like this nation to

remain intact as it is at the present. Name not mentioned out of deep respect.

You post has to be remove maybe you should be removed too

Because?

If the provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkla are given autonomy at any time

in the future somebody must pass away first as I believe he would like this nation to

WHY?

“You cannot see what I see, because you see what you see.

You cannot know what I know, because you know what you know.

What I see and what I know cannot be added to what you see and

what you know, because they are not of the same kind.

Neither can it replace what you see and what you know,

because that would be to replace you, yourself.

Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is

specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so

everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

Douglas Adams....reprinted without consent however I reckon

his estate won't mind.

Edited by sunshine51

WHY?

his estate won't mind.

Are you saying that your posts ae meaningless to us.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung suggested that negotiating with the insurgents could be a step towards ending the violence.

Dream on. What is happening in the south of Thailand is just one facet of a truly global problem, in almost all cases, wherever Islam meets non Islam we see fighting. Make the south autonomous or semi-autonomous will just result in fighting further north. If the whole kingdom became and Islamic state, all that would happen is the fighting would be moved to just outside the new Islamic state in Burma, China, Laos.... you get the picture.

• Like 1

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung suggested that negotiating with the insurgents could be a step towards ending the violence.

Dream on. What is happening in the south of Thailand is just one facet of a truly global problem, in almost all cases, wherever Islam meets non Islam we see fighting. Make the south autonomous or semi-autonomous will just result in fighting further north. If the whole kingdom became and Islamic state, all that would happen is the fighting would be moved to just outside the new Islamic state in Burma, China, Laos.... you get the picture.

Please inform where you obtained this insight - please, not from an extremist anti Muslim website

Please inform where you obtained this insight - please, not from an extremist anti Muslim website

I would have to say that he probably obtained it the good old way.

Simple observation.

Same as I have come to the same conclusion.....

Simple observation.

Observation of what leads to the making the statement "Make the south autonomous or semi-autonomous will just result in fighting further north" etc etc.

Simple observation.

Observation of what leads to the making the statement "Make the south autonomous or semi-autonomous will just result in fighting further north" etc etc.

I am not your teacher.

If you can't figure it out yourself, try.

Did I mention Muslims? I could go on but my post would be deemed of topic as yours is.

Simple observation.

I am not your teacher.

OK I'll try to understand your proposition. Putting aside the Deep South, as we all know, the Thai population is roughly 95% Buddhist. The government, with a few exceptions, is also by faith, Buddhist. Do you truly believe Muslim extremists from the South, maybe as well as some from overseas, can take on the whole of Thai society/military to eventually wrest control of Thailand. Then after consolidating power, following your domino theory, launch attacks on other sovereign nations in the region. I don't think so.

As far as I am aware there have not been any bombings/killings outside of the South by Thai Muslim extremists. You would credit them with enough intelligence to know that if they did so it would be game over for them

Edited by simple1

WHY?

his estate won't mind.

Are you saying that your posts ae meaningless to us.

HD...

Some of my posts may be meaningless to some people but others

may find meaning within some of my posts. The Doug Adams

quote was just my answer to a rant somebody else blabbed.

Without me getting up the schtick too much....hopefully.

• Like 1

Simple observation.

I am not your teacher.

OK I'll try to understand your proposition. Putting aside the Deep South, as we all know, the Thai population is roughly 95% Buddhist. The government, with a few exceptions, is also by faith, Buddhist. Do you truly believe Muslim extremists from the South, maybe as well as some from overseas, can take on the whole of Thai society/military to eventually wrest control of Thailand. Then after consolidating power, following your domino theory, launch attacks on other sovereign nations in the region. I don't think so.

As far as I am aware there have not been any bombings/killings outside of the South by Thai Muslim extremists. You would credit them with enough intelligence to know that if they did so it would be game over for them

Good try but you just don't get it.

Forget about violence moving here, there or everywhere.

Forget about the Islamic attitude of every infidel must die.

Thailand is NOT going to give up the land.

King Rama 5 fought to give us what we have today and the Thai people would NEVER disrespect him in that way.

Getting an idea now.

This is not the west.

This is Thailand !

WPFflags.gif

New ideas to deal with the South:

"The Cabinet today approved compensation payments for deaths and disabilities in the South at 500,000 baht.

2,739 deaths and 303 disabilities are eligible for payment and retroactively cover deaths from Jan. 1, 2004 to the present."

To put this in perspective, remember the 'lottery ticket' show?:

"On 24th of May, 2012, Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit handed a ceremonial cheque and a ceremonial lottery ticket from the Government Savings Bank to Payao Akkahad at Government House. Mrs Payao, who lost her daughter in the crackdown on redshirt protesters in Bangkok two years ago, received 7 million baht in compensation at the ceremony, held Thursday.

Complaints were immediately heard among many when they learned they would only get the money if they agreed to drop legal action."

New ideas to deal with the South:

"The Cabinet today approved compensation payments for deaths and disabilities in the South at 500,000 baht.

2,739 deaths and 303 disabilities are eligible for payment and retroactively cover deaths from Jan. 1, 2004 to the present."

To put this in perspective, remember the 'lottery ticket' show?:

"On 24th of May, 2012, Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit handed a ceremonial cheque and a ceremonial lottery ticket from the Government Savings Bank to Payao Akkahad at Government House. Mrs Payao, who lost her daughter in the crackdown on redshirt protesters in Bangkok two years ago, received 7 million baht in compensation at the ceremony, held Thursday.

Complaints were immediately heard among many when they learned they would only get the money if they agreed to drop legal action."

It shows the Reds are more important to PTP and Thaksin than the Muslims in the south.

Simple observation.

I am not your teacher.

King Rama 5 fought to give us what we have today and the Thai people would NEVER disrespect him in that way.

Getting an idea now.

This is not the west.

This is Thailand !

WPFflags.gif

I was actually responding to your comments on the possibility of Islamic violence moving northwards, etc etc so don't know what you mean by "nice try". With regard to never giving up the land I agree, But it's about autonomy, not an independent state & this concept has been proposed by Thai government representatives, but at this the military have declined to consider.

Simple observation.

I am not your teacher.

Getting an idea now.

This is not the west.

This is Thailand !

WPFflags.gif

I was actually responding to your comments on the possibility of Islamic violence moving northwards, etc etc so don't know what you mean by "nice try". With regard to never giving up the land I agree, But it's about autonomy, not an independent state & this concept has been proposed by Thai government representatives, but at this the military have declined to consider.

I know what you were referring to.

Check this http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/american-english/autonomy?q=autonomy

NEVER happen.

Sorry to repeat myself but that area is Thailand and will therefore be governed by Thailand.

Cow jai mai Kap ?

@southerman3 I do know the dictionary definition of Autonomy, but do you know the meaning in a political context? With autonomy the Deep South would still be Thai territory & governed by Thai central government, for matters such as Foreign Affairs, Defense, a percentile of revenue from economic activities etc. You will be aware of autonomy provided for Aceh by the Indonesian government that observers said for many years would never be authorised, I would assume though that the Thai government would not permit the adoption of Sharia Law, as is the case for Aceh.

However, let's see how events unfold over the coming 5/10 years.