petercallen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is the law going to be enforced?

Breathalyzer? Mouth smelling? Walk a straight line and touch your nose? Mor do?

I'm sure it has to be proved and evidence submitted to the courts.

No, those are all things that have nothing to do with alcohol consumption while driving, only with having had an drink.

Of coarse you are right steven they are going to fine people 60,000 for drinking as a passenger in a car cheesy.gif

But only fine a DD 1000 bahtclap2.gif

No, those are all things that have nothing to do with alcohol consumption while driving, only with having had an drink.

Of coarse you are right steven they are going to fine people 60,000 for drinking as a passenger in a car cheesy.gif

Peter, that's not what I said. That is what the laws here seem to say.

How come you always come up with the strangest conclusions of what others are saying?

Peter, that's not what I said. That is what the laws here seem to say.

How come you always come up with the strangest conclusions of what others are saying?

How did you come to the coclusion that the DD fine will remain at a 1000 baht

How can you be proven guilty of this and sentenced to 6 months in jail without evidence of committing the offence?

Has to be some sort of standards of evidence before jailing someone.

How will they do this? Police word against yours?

Because this law says nothing about drunk driving, only about drinking in public. Or did you read somewhere that the law about drunk driving has changed?

How can you be proven guilty of this and sentenced to 6 months in jail without evidence of committing the offence?

Are you asking me to explain Thai laws? Or are you finally saying what I said many posts ago, this law does not make sense.

But earlier hansgruber (I think) made a comparison with a US law (in many states) where the law seems to be: no open cans/bottles allowed. Maybe this law is the same, so the proof would be there: an open can. So are you now asking me to explain to you something you alreasdy gave the answer to yourself?

Edited by stevenl

Who do you think the court will believe??

Because this law says nothing about drunk driving, only about drinking in public. Or did you read somewhere that the law about drunk driving has changed?

The heading of the article i read is Drink Driving Law Tightened, self explanatory to me

The heading of the article i read is Drink Driving Law Tightened, self explanatory to me

Ah, so you only read headers and not the content of an article.

No Steven i did read the article and formed my own conclusions

I suggest you read post 4 again

Just did, in post #4 I asked for sources. Somebody else gave them, you chipped in later, about a law prohibiting drinking in public and vehicles. Nothing about drunk driving at all in any of the articles, only the headline of the article mentions drunk driving.

See this from the TV information on this law 'A new law banning drinking in public and personal vehicles has been published in the Royal Gazette, becoming effective from August 8 onwards.' So the law seems to be about drinking in public (including vehicles, so also the back of a pickup truck or tuktuk), not about driving while intoxicated.

So do you think the fine for DD will still be 1000 baht or up to 60,000 baht

This law seems to have nothing to do with drunk driving. Don't know how much the fine is for that, but if it was 1000 Baht it will still be 1000 Baht. The law seems to be about drinking in public, so you can't have a beer anymore next to your wife while she drivers the car, that will cost you 60,000 Baht. See e.g. this from your own first sentence in this thread 'drink alcohol during travel'. During it says, not before.

Steven you seem to be the only person on this forum or i hope so who thinks the fine for drinking alcohol as a passenger in a motor vehicle will be 60,000 baht but the fine for drunk driving will remain at 1000 baht if that is what it still is

Steven you seem to be the only person on this forum or i hope so who thinks the fine for drinking alcohol as a passenger in a motor vehicle will be 60,000 baht but the fine for drunk driving will remain at 1000 baht if that is what it still is

Not everything in life makes sense peter.

Just did, in post #4 I asked for sources. Somebody else gave them, you chipped in later, about a law prohibiting drinking in public and vehicles. Nothing about drunk driving at all in any of the articles, only the headline of the article mentions drunk driving.

Do you think i sit at my computer waiting to respond to your posts i have better things to do

Do you think i sit at my computer waiting to respond to your posts i have better things to do

You asked me to reread a post, I did and reported back to you.

Peter.

Next time, send Samos a private message if you would like to call something to his attention.

This thread is going in circles and stevenl is filling the void left by KBB.

Boring.

Yes i realize that now mate i made a mistake and know it i hope he excepts my apologies

But he is always talking about Australia having nanny laws, you would not be fined for having

drink in a car if you were a passenger there, driving and drinking is a different matter as well as driving under the influence

Peter.

Next time, send Samos a private message if you would like to call something to his attention.

Boring.

Yes i realize that now mate i made a mistake and know it i hope he excepts my apologies

But he is always talking about Australia having nanny laws, you would not be fined for having

drink in a car if you were a passenger there, driving and drinking is a different matter as well as driving under the influence

Pretty sure your not allowed to have a drink in the car as a passenger.

It looks like you do(sit at your computer that is) by how many times you have responded.

Is everything in "Australian" spelt or spelled differently? There's; there, their and they're which all have different meanings. Unless of course we are using coarse language or a high grit sandpaper... Sorry, but my mother was a teacher! I can understand the misuse and misspelling from people who are not native english speakers and there are some differences in dialect from country to country, but it drives me crazy when people pontificate and can't spell...

Sorry small rant... I still believe this law has nothing to do with drunk driving as I said before.

• Like 1

Is everything in "Australian" spelt or spelled differently? There's; there, their and they're which all have different meanings. Unless of course we are using coarse language or a high grit sandpaper... Sorry, but my mother was a teacher! I can understand the misuse and misspelling from people who are not native english speakers and there are some differences in dialect from country to country, but it drives me crazy when people pontificate and can't spell...

Sorry small rant... I still believe this law has nothing to do with drunk driving as I said before.

I do not understand your post do you mean is everything in Australia spelt differently??

An Australian is a citizen of Australia

Who gives a stuff what you think about my spelling thanks for pointing it out

As far as the DD laws go i do not drink excessively and drive so they do not worry me

Can you say the same thing

It looks like you do(sit at your computer that is) by how many times you have responded.

I spend a lot of time on the computer because my son is doing a land subdivision for me in Australia

and need to be kept up to date with the costs and then check out this forum because i find it interesting and amusing

Whats your excuse

Edited by petercallen

I do not understand your post do you mean is everything in Australia spelt differently??

An Australian is a citizen of Australia

Who gives a stuff what you think about my spelling thanks for pointing it out

As far as the DD laws go i do not drink excessively and drive so they do not worry me

Can you say the same thing

Drinking excessively or not is really not the issue when driving.

Also, don't drink a beer sitting next to your wife in the car while she's driving, it could cost you 60,000 Baht.

Peter.

Boring.

Pretty sure your not allowed to have a drink in the car as a passenger.

Unless the laws have changed recently you are wrong, its illegal to drink in a public place but

if you take alcoholic drinks to a picnic no one worries about it

If you go to a Australia day fireworks show you will have your drinks confiscate or be arrested if you a

thug or trouble maker, most people no the rules and do not take alcoholic drinks

Off topic but this post reminded me of my pal in Colorado who said to me "i don't understand how you can live in Thailand and not speak any Taiwanese".

Anyway, much ado about nothing my friends, just another law that won't be enforced.

• Like 1