Honestly, What'S The Point Of A Night Guard When They All Sleep?

PoodMaiDai

I was driving along Sri Chan road in Khon Kaen late at night a number of years back and saw this security guard at the SCB flat out on the pavement. My wife insisted we stop to see if he was OK. Snoring away like a good 'un.

I was driving along Sri Chan road in Khon Kaen late at night a number of years back and saw this security guard at the SCB flat out on the pavement. My wife insisted we stop to see if he was OK. Snoring away like a good 'un.

lol

Where I'm currently staying, after midnight we have two different yam posts and both of them are out cold. I have to open the gate to drive out by myself because the gate guard will not wake up once he's out. I find it hilarious.

• Like 1

lol

Where I'm currently staying, after midnight we have two different yam posts and both of them are out cold. I have to open the gate to drive out by myself because the gate guard will not wake up once he's out. I find it hilarious.

uncles house in pattaya had same problem. uncle, who has a wicked sense of humour, bought some fire crackers.

drove up to the booth where guard was still sleeping and dropped some on the road and drove on. 3 second fuse later, BOOM, never seen a guy run as fast in my life. from out cold to sprinter in moments. we just laughed until I actually pee-ed my self. guard didnt know we did it as he was still running and didnt look back.

later heard he had embelished the story and told his boss and thai friends that there was a shoot out. however now when we drive past, he is Always awake. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Locks , Guards , and most all security keeps the honest people honest , it doesn't really keep profesional thieves from stealing it just makes it a little more difficult ....... Believe it or not sleeping guards keep the honest people honest just as well as the ones who are awake keep the already honest people honest.

Ours don't. If you sleep, you're fired. They know the CCTV is always watching them as well. They don't know who watches (or if anyone is even watching) the CCTV.

smile.png

There are some good ones out there who actually are "strong" a s my Wife puts it and do the job well. But yep no doubt about it many do sleep, anywhere else would mean dismissal,

Ours don't. If you sleep, you're fired. They know the CCTV is always watching them as well. They don't know who watches (or if anyone is even watching) the CCTV.

smile.png

here they are so silly, that I can sneak out and in without they are seeing me....they move so slowly it would be impossible for them to catch a turtle

Here at night the sec. guards have to write down when someone comes in or goes out, all owners also have keycards which record this, and print outs of this system are regularly checked if it matches what the sec. guards write down. Before this system was in place they where always asleep when we came home, but now they are wide awake

Edited by MJCM

Maybe that's what CCTV is good for, monitoring that the guards are awake.

The images are usually useless, not detailed enough to make a real case. Except maybe for souvenir footage.

Another use of motion detectors: if the guard hasn't moved for 90 seconds the alarm goes off.

Edited by bendejo

A lot has to do with wages, none of them really care about their jobs.

Putting not caring, boredom, a comfy chair. They will all go to sleep.

I go to my mates house, they guy is never asleep, but he does not do his job, anyone who comes over he just tell them to say what room number and they get let up.

lol

Is "yam" Thai for security guard?

lol

Is "yam" Thai for security guard?

I think he meant 'yawn'.

• Like 1

smile.png

Ours usually sleep at night not during the day.

Anybody could get into our condo if they "cased" the joint a little and got their timing right...enen in the daytime, no, especially in the daytime when there's people coming and going and sometimes the "guard" is doing something else.

Not only that, the guards take it upon themselves to allow non-residents to park their cars, use the toilet, store their posessions and equipment in the ground floor car park area.

As an owner-occupier, what grounds do I have that IF my condo ever got broken into to sue for damages against the management or whoever?

I'd complain to the committee if I thought they'd be interested (especially from a westerner) And, unfortunately, the main security door into the condo block is usually left open by co-owners and tennants.

I can only hope that if there was any break-in, the theives would enter and rob the committee members rooms first.