Non Imm O (Spouse) Checklist

I'm off to Vientiane on tues and would like to check with u guys about my checklist for single entry Non imm o

Originals (except Thai Id card) and 1 copy signed by wife of the below

Marriage certificate

Marriage registry paper

Copy of wife's Id card

House registration blue book (1st page and wife's page)

I will have 2000 baht for the visa fee but am I right that I don't have to show funds in the bank?

Any comments would be appreciated or advise on the consulate.

Thanks

Are you currently on non-immigrant visa? You can get a 60 day extension of stay from immigration based on your wife. But also inquire at your labour office if they will issue a WP against such extensions. Apperently not all labour offices will issue a work eprmit on a 60 day extension.

Have not seen reports of needing the marriage ledger document for visa issue - it is now required for extensions of stay however. But good to have in any case. You might want to consider extension of stay for Thai wife rather than employment if you do have funds or proof of income to meet requirements as with that there is no need to immediately leave country if job ends. Also be sure your labor department will issue a work permit on the non immigrant O visa entry - a few seem to have issues on that (but suspect most reports are due to it being for retirement).

Thanks for the replies.

I am approaching the end of my 60 day extension of stay based on wife and it will expire before next job starts.

I am in bangkok and my last work permit in bangkok 2 years ago was issued on my non imm o (spouse) so I assume it will be acceptable again.

Applied this morning. Got there before 9 and there was over a hundred already waiting.

Then the ticket machine and display breaks down permanently and everyone fights to queue at the window! After 5 minutes the lady shouts at everyone to sit down and she will call out the numbers in groups of 10. The microphone had problems as well! New applicants arrive, see the ticket machine broken and queue up randomly to submit only to be given a number peg at the window.

I went upstairs to check with the photocopy man if all my document copies are correct but he tells me I must have a copy of Lao visa and entry stamp. I thought a scam but parted with 2000 kip anyway.

However, at the application counter the lady asked the gent next to me to go and get copies of Lao visa and stamp.

Paid around 1130 after a lengthy wait for some dubious Asian gentleman (agents ? )who were paying for loads of applications at once.

Back tomorrow. Any advice on best time to go. I'm in no rush.

And what's the procedure tomorrow? Do I show my receipt and collect from the payment building or application area? Do I have to take a queue ticket again (providing they've fixed the system by then)?

Well just got back from consulate with a brand new visa.

Got there at 1255pm. Already a long line of people outside. It starts to rain and either they were having a late lunch or they had some warped sense of delight watching the foreigners get soaked as they didn't open the gates till 115 just as it stopped raining. Everything was going well in the queue until it started raining again and everyone ran for shelter and the queue reformed randomly. U collect your passport from the same place you paid by just showing your receipt. Was out by 145