My Water Ph Readings

I took some readings today, here in the suburbs of Chiang Mai, using two different cheap pH test kits, which agreed with each other:

tap water: 8

delivered drinking water: between 8 and 8.5

rain water: 6

tap water in EM solution with molasses, green weeds, vines and manure after 3 weeks: 7

tea made with store bought-organic fertilizer pellets, after 3 weeks: 7

I'd be interested to see others' numbers as well if anyone is inclined to post.

-Puwa

tap water in EM solution with molasses, green weeds, vines and manure after 3 weeks: 7

Sounds similar to EM fermented plant extract, but with the addition of manure. FPE is supposed to have a PH below 3.5, so I would guess that other micro-organsims are working in there as well as EM.

PS. please post your experiences with EM in the EM thread, it would be great to know how it is working for you. Only IA and myself posting there at the mo.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds similar to EM fermented plant extract, but with the addition of manure. FPE is supposed to have a PH below 3.5, so I would guess that other micro-organsims are working in there as well as EM.

PS. please post your experiences with EM in the EM thread, it would be great to know how it is working for you. Only IA and myself posting there at the mo.

When you brew up FPE it is considered "ready" when the pH is around 3.5 and the gasing stops. The low pH indicates that the population of LAB is high, hence the acidity.