Western Style Ceremony

Hi

I am getting married.

I want a more traditional Christian ceremony and she wants a Thai buddist ceremony.

Our plan is to have a buddist ceremony in the south, followed by a more Western Traditional Christian ceremony (one will be the legal wedding, the other will be more of a mock ceremony for show, we have not decided which yet (or rather for the families). The buddist side seems relatively simple with the local monks visiting the house and making the blessing..... The Christian side is a little more tricky as we do not know anyone who can perform such a ceremony.

Can anyone recommend a company or indeed individual who can arrange a Christian ceremony?

Thanks

Congratulations,

Neither will be the legal wedding. A legal wedding in Thailand is that you go to a district office and sign the wedding register there, with all correct paperwork from your embassy. It is as simple as that, nothing fancy.

There are churches in Thailand, I suggest you inquire there about a christian wedding.

I believe you can pay a fee at the district office and they will come to the ceremony and you can sign all paperwork at the ceremony so either buddhist or Christian ceremony can be the legal one, but like Marion said most people just go to the district office after ceremony

www.samuibeachweddings.com/wedding_officiant_services.html

this is the 1st I looked at in google. theres plenty Im sure in Thailand being so popular with tourists and expats. My brother got married by a celebrant on Samui to a western girl and it was a great wedding including riding in on elephants and monkey carrying the rings.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all.

Maybe I should add some more.

I now understand that taking the documents to the district office is the formality to legalise it, we want to have the traditional buddist ceremony (her family can sort this out) and then a small western ceremony to appease my in laws and in all honesty make it all seam real to me, and make it into a bit of an event for my guests travelling half way around the world).

I have been to a few churches and they require me to have attended the Church for some time.

I have been on line and the people I have spoken with have not impressed me one bit and seem to be obsessed with booking hotel rooms to accommodate the guests, selling flowers, balloons and sorting out catering......(I/we want to be involved in the process and arange our own catering, etc)

All I want it to find someone (ideally of the cloth) who can conduct a simple western ceremony (maybe in a church, maybe in a nice venue, maybe on a boat- I need to get to that detail), provide a small band for "here comes the bride......." have her walk up the aisle/beach/deck say a few words and have us say the vows.... and pronounce us Man and Wife. My intended knows enough people and has enough family to sort her sides a accommodation and I can look after my immediate family, and friends can book hotels

Does that make more sense? I could summarise it by saying I need a bit of "theatre" for me, and "my" guests who will be paying a lot of money to come here and attend the wedding

• 6 months later...