Suvarnabhumi Airport Given The H.A.S. Award For Its Toilet Hygiene

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport given the HAS award for its toilet hygiene

BANGKOK, 15 August 2012 (NNT)-The Ministry of Public Health has awarded Suvarnabhumi Airport with the HAS awards for its standard clean toilets. According to a Ministry of Public Health survey, toilet hygiene is among major factors that determine passengers’ satisfaction when visiting the airport.

Deputy Health Minister Dr. Suwit Konsomboon, who presided over the award presenting ceremony, said that the Ministry of Public Health has launched the campaign to promote clean public toilets across the country since 2005.

The letter H in the HAS stands for health, A for accessibility and S for safety. In addition, the Ministry’s own survey has discovered that more than 80% of the respondents want public toilets to be clean and odor free.

The survey revealed that the 12 following places are most preferred by the Thai people to be kept clean: a government building, an education institution, a hospital, a religious compound, a fresh market, a restaurant, a tourist attraction, a public park, a shopping mall, a gas station, a public restroom and an airport.

22 places have so far received the award since the inception of the campaign. Airports of Thailand President Somchai Sawasdipol said it is essential for Suvarnabhumi Airport to abide by the standard practice of keeping the toilets clean as it is striving for the world’s best airport title.

The AoT has assured the cleanliness of its toilets around the clock and provided toilets for the elderly, people with disability and a diaper changing room for a mother and a baby.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-08-15 footer_n.gif

Thats a great plus! If they are looking to become the Hub of Asian Toilets that fits right in with the Asian Hub of Transportation.

Remarkable!!! That should be advertised by the Tourst Authrority of Thailand.

All of the travel agents through out the entire world should be pushing clean toilets to their customers!

Thailand Shall Now Be Known Not as the Land of Smiles, but the Land of Clean Toilets At The Airport.

Hmm! The H.A.S. Award..I had no idea that such a noble Award even existed.

Congradulations...clap2.gif

Edited by jerrysteve
  • Like 2

I wonder how many posters have been through Swampy recently???....

At the risk of a run of bad puns I have been in and out of the airport like a fiddler's elbow recently, while passing through. Everything ran smoothly...no flight delays (domestic and international).... no immigration / emigration delays....and, yes! clean toilets. .... Given the well-publicised passenger overlaod here, AOT staff are doing a good job.

If you want to criticise a s---hole, go look at the cesspit we call Heathrow. Well done Swampy....you may be sinking, but at least you're doing it in style.

Thai hugger

At the risk of a run of bad puns I have been in and out of the airport like a fiddler's elbow recently, while passing through. Everything ran smoothly...no flight delays (domestic and international).... no immigration / emigration delays....and, yes! clean toilets. .... Given the well-publicised passenger overlaod here, AOT staff are doing a good job.

If you want to criticise a s---hole, go look at the cesspit we call Heathrow. Well done Swampy....you may be sinking, but at least you're doing it in style.

Thai hugger

How needlessly ugly and pathetic but increasingly about par for Thai Visa course.

• Like 2

Quote:"The letter H in the HAS stands for health, A for accessibility and S for safety. In addition, the Ministry’s own survey has discovered that more than 80% of the respondents want public toilets to be clean and odor free."

Does this mean that 20% doesn't want clean and odor free toilets??????

• Like 2

Was it not an issue when Swampy opened that there was a lack of Toilets ?

If any one wants to slag off Thai toilets might I suggest visiting middle eastern and west african countries.....sick.gif

Algiers Airport.......6 inches of raw sewage and urine to wade through...I backed off.

Doha .....main city centre shopping Plaza honking stinking mess. Really bad on Fridays

Malabo E.G. .....the stench at 20 mtrs was enough to reduce any desire to go.

Luanda.......don't even think about it...

Delhi...old terminal ...need I say anything ?

Chas de Gaulle Terminal 1.....horrendous....for years now....

Heathrow - a bloody disgrace of an airport - cold grey and mucky.

Thailand as a tropical ( emerging nation ??? ) has good toilet facilities even compared to the U.K. in many cases....I have no fears or trepidation of going for a slash or firing off an number 2 in LOS . even if you have to hand over 2 to 5 baht for the privilege....

Ah, Fond memories of the toilets in Cairo Domestic airport.

Edited by overherebc

I rate them as above average for sure. When I fly in to the country, I change from my long pants to my shorts. When I fly out of country, I change out of my shorts and into my long pants for the flight. Of course I always carry some Toilet Paper every where I go in Thailand, just in case. Learned that very quickly on my first trip to Thailand. Even though the public places will usually have little tiny boxes of paper for sale, sometimes I don't have the small coins or sometimes the machines are empty.

come on guys credit where credit is due best toilet ive ever been in is in Madame !! bar shit i forget her name its on second road nearPattayaland 1

Pattaya. its unbelievalablle you r almost afraid to do anything in it

80% of the respondents want public toilets to be clean and odor free.

Considering 20% of people want bathrooms that smell and are strewn with urine and fecal matter, I'm not sure an award for bathrooms is one we should be proud of.

The 'S' stands for Safety, I'm curious to know just what an unsafe toilet might be, perhaps an exploding-one (down South) or one where the sewage backs-up (due to floods) and washes the occupant away, in mid-contemplation of life ? laugh.png

Whatever this is clearly another success for Red-Shirt government and Super-Chalerm, Swampy finally gets the loos right ! whistling.gif

And this award proves it !

Edited by Ricardo

My recent experience....July 1 - July 31 2012 was exactly the inverse...slow movement through passport control and delays on each and every flight including extra hours in the air doing the Swampy Circles waiting for the runway to clear. As far as toilets go...you can't beat pinching a loaf at Terminal 21 giggle.gif

Edited by Woodcaulk