Suvarnabhumi Airport Given The H.A.S. Award For Its Toilet Hygiene

webfact

I would agree, the bathrooms at the airport are cleaned minute by minute because of a cleaner inside (even mopping around when you're at the urnial). The factor that is left out is the poor planning of the number of urinals and toilet stalls in the bathrooms. Some only have two urinals and a few toilet stalls (I imagine the women's has a few stalls also). If one looks at the massive bathrooms at the Hong Kong, Singapore, KL, or Beijing airports, one realizes the poor planning at Swampy Airport. (or was it a cost saver?_

I wonder how many posters have been through Swampy recently???....

At the risk of a run of bad puns I have been in and out of the airport like a fiddler's elbow recently, while passing through. Everything ran smoothly...no flight delays (domestic and international).... no immigration / emigration delays....and, yes! clean toilets. .... Given the well-publicised passenger overlaod here, AOT staff are doing a good job.

If you want to criticise a s---hole, go look at the cesspit we call Heathrow. Well done Swampy....you may be sinking, but at least you're doing it in style.

My recent experience....July 1 - July 31 2012 was exactly the inverse...slow movement through passport control and delays on each and every flight including extra hours in the air doing the Swampy Circles waiting for the runway to clear. As far as toilets go...you can't beat pinching a loaf at Terminal 21 giggle.gif

That was unfortunate for you....or I was extra lucky.... no flights delayed, and one landed 10 minutes early. Only 4 emigration desks open due to renovations, but they shifted us fairly well for an 02:40 flight. The only slow movement I had in Swampy was..... aaaah never mind, but it was thread-related...bah.gif

Quote:"The letter H in the HAS stands for health, A for accessibility and S for safety. In addition, the Ministry’s own survey has discovered that more than 80% of the respondents want public toilets to be clean and odor free."

Does this mean that 20% doesn't want clean and odor free toilets??????

Yes, I voted for stinky toilets, with excrement smeared on the seats and floor. Preferably without tissue paper and broken water hoses so you have to wipe your butt with your fingers.

Signs in banana English advising that the plumbing cant handle toilet paper.

One of the things that puzzles me to this day is when you go to a toilet with a sign saying "Do not put tissue down the toilet" and there's no water gun or trough.You glance in the bin next to the loo and there's a just couple of pieces of nearly clean tissue in there.They must be putting it down the bog.

I dunno about you lot but I consider a "bowel movement" where I only use a quarter of the loo roll a good day considering some of the Krakatoa-type eruptions that resemble an explosion in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory I do after a night on the larb goy.