Out Lgbt Athletes Participated And Won Medals At London Olympics

Jingthing

So you dislike identity politics so much? So why a gay forum? Why do you post on a gay forum?

Since you appear to be the only one remotely interested in "identity politics" and the only one who thinks that this is "a SPECIFIC GAY IDENTITY INTEREST forum" rather than just the Gay Forum, for "Gay People in Thailand" maybe it would save time if we weren't ALL asked to explain our presence here and you simply questioned your own presence instead.

.... on second thoughts, don't answer that but maybe you could answer the WHO, WHAT, WHERE questions you are trying to ignore instead.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dislike identity politics so much? So why a gay forum? Why do you post on a gay forum?

Since you appear to be the only one remotely interested in "identity politics" and the only one who thinks that this is "a SPECIFIC GAY IDENTITY INTEREST forum" rather than just the Gay Forum, for "Gay People in Thailand" maybe it would save time if we weren't ALL asked to explain our presence here and you simply questioned your own presence instead.

.... on second thoughts, don't answer that but maybe you could answer the WHO, WHAT, WHERE questions you are trying to ignore instead.

"A plague on both your houses!" What kind of advertisement for LGBT is it if some of us (the most vocal ones) spend much of our time bitching at each other?

"A plague on both your houses!" What kind of advertisement for LGBT is it if some of us (the most vocal ones) spend much of our time bitching at each other?

That's an understandable superficial reaction to all this but consider how different our positions are.

My position is that as modern gay people, as a generality we should express RESPECT for our gay activists all over the world, past, present, and future. Even when not perfect or sometimes over the top, for the most part they are fighting for OUR civil rights.

Also my position is that as gay people it is natural to feel solidarity and a connection with other gay people all over the world as we have a lot in common with each other that transcends nationality.

So bad news coming out of Russia about oppression of gay people is something it would be natural for international gay people to relate to just as good news about advances in gay civil rights in Argentina would also be natural for international gay people to relate to. (As opposed to, it doesn't impact my daily provincial life in MY country, so who gives a hoot?)

Compare and contrast.

Edited by Jingthing

I agree, though I wouldn't issue a plague, lol. When I finally came to terms with who I was, it was as though someone had cleared a smoke screen from in front of me - I was part of a big family (in my area, a very caring one). Things are different now; I'm in Thailand and rarely have any encounters with non-thais, the exception being the occasional tourist. With that being said, Thai Visa is nice to see differing views and critical thinking. But goodness, I've never known any gays to get in a pissing match. Why not just call it a day? Beliefs are beliefs for a reason. For all flowers, cotton candy, and rainbows - please take a break for your well-being (psychological and emotional).

'Why me?!?! WHY ME?!?!?!' .... why not you?

Edited by hookedondhamma

What kind of advertisement for LGBT is it if some of us (the most vocal ones) spend much of our time bitching at each other?

I don't get this. Are we expected to all be nice and cuddly to create a good impression on the straight world just because we're gay?

• Like 2

But goodness, I've never known any gays to get in a pissing match.

Really? shock1.gif

Lol. What I'm referring to is the constant arguing over this thread and others in the gay forum. Sometime it's nice to read a thread, but when so many are frequented by what seems some sort of rivalry it gets kind of pointless. The other gay forums targeted towards Thailand don't hold my interest as much, which is why I enjoy coming to this one.

But for the record, yes, I've never known any gays to get into a pissing match. Or a size-comparison match, either. But then again you have size-queens, but that's irrelevant ...

But here on the gay forum we have to tolerate being lectured to (again and again) on why identity politics is NOT OK for gay people. That makes no sense. That is hostile to gay people on the gay forum.

Who is this "we?"

This isn't (theoretically anyway) the JT forum. People should feel free to respond to your attention-seeking posts as they see fit without you lecturing them about how right you are.

One of the reasons this Gay Forum gets so little participation is because of the aggressive tactics of selected individuals who allow no dissent.

• Like 2

But here on the gay forum we have to tolerate being lectured to (again and again) on why identity politics is NOT OK for gay people. That makes no sense. That is hostile to gay people on the gay forum.

Who is this "we?"

This isn't (theoretically anyway) the JT forum. People should feel free to respond to your attention-seeking posts as they see fit without you lecturing them about how right you are.

One of the reasons this Gay Forum gets so little participation is because of the aggressive tactics of selected individuals who allow no dissent.

I don't believe you. I think there is little participation on this forum because there is simply very little interest here in participating in a gay forum on Thaivisa. The more active gay Thailand forums address topics people want to talk about more which you can't talk about here, and you know what I mean. It's easy to throw the blame at individuals. How many topics have YOU started on the gay forum here?

Its also worth noting that the other dedicated Thai gay forums have noticeably slowed down in the last few years. And there you can talk about anything and everything.

BTW, this forum does have rules addressing posts that represent an anti-gay agenda. They are not allowed here so no, this is NOT a total free speech forum, in case you thought that it was. Yes, I have raised the issue that perhaps the definition of anti-gay agenda should be expanded to so called gay people expressing derision at topics that celebrate gay IDENTITY. I do get that almost nobody gets and/or supports my point, so for the time being, I'll give up that cause.

Edited by Jingthing

Who is this "we?"

I don't believe you. I think there is little participation on this forum because there is simply very little interest here in participating in a gay forum on Thaivisa. The more active gay Thailand forums address topics people want to talk about more which you can't talk about here, and you know what I mean. It's easy to throw the blame at individuals. How many topics have YOU started on the gay forum here?

Its also worth noting that the other dedicated Thai gay forums have noticeably slowed down in the last few years. And there you can talk about anything and everything.

BTW, this forum does have rules addressing posts that represent an anti-gay agenda. They are not allowed here so no, this is NOT a total free speech forum, in case you thought that it was. Yes, I have raised the issue that perhaps the definition of anti-gay agenda should be expanded to so called gay people expressing derision at topics that celebrate gay IDENTITY. I do get that almost nobody gets and/or supports my point, so for the time being, I'll give up that cause.

Actually, I learned a long time ago that my view are not the only ones that are on this planet - as a result, I take in as much as I can from everyone, and I believe I do get where you're coming from (believe it or not, lol). I just think more would get you (that's saying if there are those who don't) if you were a little less dramatic and aggressive (keep in mind this is my opinion based off of what I read). Whatever you post, though, does have value, and I respect your decision to get your thoughts and ideas out there.

I hope this is OK to mention but I did go through official channels and report my issue with derisive posts against posts celebrating gay identity here to the management here. There was no response which I took to be OK, let us work this out for ourselves. I think it is significant that I've gotten no support with my opinion about this from anyone. It doesn't mean I'm wrong because being a minority view doesn't make one right or wrong, but it does mean I've lost this argument! I can live with that. Let's move on. No it doesn't mean LC and I are going to get married and have each other's children though!

Edited by Jingthing

BTW, this forum does have rules addressing posts that represent an anti-gay agenda. They are not allowed here so no, this is NOT a total free speech forum, in case you thought that it was. Yes, I have raised the issue that perhaps the definition of anti-gay agenda should be expanded to so called gay people expressing derision at topics that celebrate gay IDENTITY.

'So called gay people'? Do you get to decide who's gay now?

'So called gay people'? Do you get to decide who's gay now?

Good catch! Your mind is like a steal trip. Nothing gets past The Endure.

Since you asked, yes, that is my business. I decide who is gay and don't think it's going to be easy or cheap.

For your official "long form" certification of QUEERiness (sic), please send your completed application along with non-refundable 1000 ₪ international money order to:

Harvey Milk Academy of Official Gay Certification

29000 Uranian Way

Mykonos, Greece

In the unlikely event your application is accepted, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence will deliver your certificate to you personally (along with a bill to cover all their travel expenses and miscellaneous fees).

Edited by Jingthing

Who is this "we?"

The highly edited version was actually

...we....we... we ...us.... we....

and, as I said,

You are not "we".

but I don't mean "you", of course!

Let it go, LC. Let it go. Find another hobby.

I said you won!

Is it beyond you to be a gracious WINNER?coffee1.gif

What's next? Are you going to "demand satisfaction" and challenge me to a duel?

Wow..I'm not gay. But wow.

I can fully understand why there is not much traffic here. Jingthing the hero of ALL gay people as long as you toe his line of thought. If not he will batter the hell out of you verbally. Maybe a good idea to have a gay forum and a Jingthing forum. Every body happy then :lol::D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 1

I said you won!

I can fully understand why there is not much traffic here. Jingthing the hero of ALL gay people as long as you toe his line of thought. If not he will batter the hell out of you verbally. Maybe a good idea to have a gay forum and a Jingthing forum. Every body happy then laugh.pngbiggrin.png

Happy to have entertained you. You don't need to announce you are not gay. But thanks for sharing.

I said you won!

I can fully understand why there is not much traffic here. Jingthing the hero of ALL gay people as long as you toe his line of thought. If not he will batter the hell out of you verbally. Maybe a good idea to have a gay forum and a Jingthing forum. Every body happy then laugh.pngbiggrin.png

Happy to have entertained you. You don't need to announce you are not gay. But thanks for sharing.

Why not announce I'm not gay. It's my 'identity'

• Like 2

Are you here to make trouble?

Nope. Just making an observation. Is it ONLY gay people that can have an 'identity' as you put it?

I'm asking as you seem to find it necessary to shout 'I'm gay. Its my identity ' at every opportunity. It is of course your right to do so if you wish. But reading here most do not.

..... so called gay people .....

I think I recall this from last year, when I offered to meet you at St Nikolaus's on 11 November. Unless you were the obnoxious guy in the yellow polo shirt no-one from here turned up. My only public appearance this year will be on the same date at the Embassy.

... and I'm already married, and the certificate proves I'm gay.

I think I recall this from last year, when I offered to meet you at St Nikolaus's on 11 November.

I have no idea what you are talking about now. You are really, really, making this too personal. Edited by Jingthing

Are you here to make trouble?

Nope. Just making an observation. Is it ONLY gay people that can have an 'identity' as you put it?

I'm asking as you seem to find it necessary to shout 'I'm gay. Its my identity ' at every opportunity. It is of course your right to do so if you wish. But reading here most do not.

Thanks for gracing us with your heterosexual presence on the gay forum. Y'all come back again!

I think I recall this from last year, when I offered to meet you at St Nikolaus's on 11 November.

I have no idea what you are talking about now. You are really, really, making this too personal.

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry4586813

I missed that. I don't even know (or care) what country this Saint is in. Again, is there any good reason to persist in making this so personal?

It wasn't a "personal" invitation, last year or this, but a general one.

While I don't shout my sexual preference from the rooftops I think repeatedly questioning my "alleged gayness" and referring to me as "so called gay people" is about as "personal" as it can get, so I have given you and anyone else the option to disprove your allegation. If you don't want to avail yourself of that opportunity and maybe you yourself are not quite so "out" as you claim here, I have no problem with that.

(and, endure, thanks for the link; your memory's obviously better than mine -and JT's)

I have no idea what you are talking about now. You are really, really, making this too personal.

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry4586813

I missed that. I don't even know (or care) what country this Saint is in. Again, is there any good reason to persist in making this so personal?

http://www.thecatholicdirectory.com/directory.cfm?fuseaction=display_site_info&siteid=213566