Fastest Mailing To Uk - Mail Or Courier?

Hi.

Anyone know what services are available from the Post Office? I often have a need to get stuff (documents) to the UK as fast as possible.

The Thai guy I spoke to in the Mae Nam PO didn't seem to have any idea what was available and whether it was express or not, even though I asked for express.

Ended up mailing it with EMS this morning at 10.00 am and according to the tracker it was still there at 5.00 pm . . . (as in . . ."accepted")

Anyone had experience of this? What's the quickest? Are there any courier services like UPS or Fedex and if so how fast are they?

Cheers

R

Registered/bar-coded mail from the same office takes around a week to reach UK at around twice the cost of a normal letter. It can be traced to the point of exit via the website & tracking number printed on the receipt. This works for anything from a single page to something the size of a magazine.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

DHL, maximum 4 days but usually two or three, a letter (couple of pages) costs about Baht 1,000.

Seeing that this was the same as EMS (950 baht) and it's going to take 5 or 6 days by EMS then this seems a much better bet.

Where is there a DHL office on Samui?

Cheers

R

DHL, maximum 4 days but usually two or three, a letter (couple of pages) costs about Baht 1,000.

Seeing that this was the same as EMS (950 baht) and it's going to take 5 or 6 days by EMS then this seems a much better bet.

Cheers

R

There is no DHL office on Samui....wink.png

Cheers

R

Agent maybe 500m south of Tecso Chaweng. Cost me (just under a year ago) 5,000 Baht to sent two shirts (hand embroidered) to the UK on a 3 day service and got there in 2.

Cheers

R

Agent maybe 500m south of Tecso Chaweng. Cost me (just under a year ago) 5,000 Baht to sent two shirts (hand embroidered) to the UK on a 3 day service and got there in 2.

Seems to me a month or two ago, when topic of DHL came up, that one or two people had problems with service.. ....

If you look at the DHL web site, they do not have an official office listed on Samui.... they send stuff via Thai Post from BKK.... so up to you Rob!

Usually the guys at Maenam post office are pretty good, perhaps you spoke to the wrong one? whistling.gifwink.png

Cheers

R

That office appears closed now. Try UPS right hand side going towards Lamai just past the Laem Din turn on the Ring Road. Always had good service from them.

I sent an envelope to the UK on a Friday, using 950 baht EMS. It was signed for on the following Monday in the UK.

Hmm - so did I!

Checking the EMS tracker it arrived at Suvanabhumi on Saturday where it remained for 24 hours (!)

Sunday it was off to Heathrow - arrived 1:00 am Monday Morning at the mail centre.

Delivered in Tunbridge midday Monday.

I was pleased with that - 950 baht for 54 gms (6 or 7 sheets of A4 paper).

Thanks for all the advice, but 4 days seems pretty good to me! I'll stick with EMS.

Cheers

R