Good Hairdressers In Bangkok

hellothisismylife

Hi

This is probably a very common question but I cannot seem to find my answer :(

I am currently stay near Lumphini station, Sathon and I would like to have my hair cut ( new style if possible )

I have no ideal which area in Bangkok has the most hairdressers or hair salons. I prefer a place which offers a reasonable price and a good quality. If they can speak English, it would be so good :)

Is it common to pay around 350-400 BHT in Bangkok to get my hair cut or styled? Please recommend any where you have been to :)

Thanks a lot!

I've dated and been married to hair dressers my whole life. No such thing as a good one for all styles. Some are good at some things, others are good at other things. Its like buying wine. You never know until you try. I found that the most expensive are never the best. The places I go now are the cheapest, and they do the same job at half the price. Good luck.

• Like 1

I would recommend Hair By Phonathip.

He originally had a salon in Siam Square, but it was burnt down during the Red Shirt riots. He's now got a new salon around the back streets, but close to Phaya Thai BTS.

He's always received plenty of recommendations and his prices are very good. He also speaks very good English.

Here's his website:

http://www.hairbyphonatip.com/Welcome.html

That's interesting: I'm new here, living close to Lumpini station and had exactly the same problem! I was so desperate that I just thought to give it a try and ended up in the Q-house Lumpini building (next to Lumpini station) in the Akru salon (1st floor). I was scared to death but I actually think the hairdresser did quite a good job! I also asked for her name (she spoke good enough english for me) for a next time: it's Ly. Good luck!

There is apparently a hair salon in bangkok now that caters specifically to Westerners,

has an internationally trained stylist and specializes in imported products rather than the crappy unheard of stuff you often find in Thai salons

Lots of good reviews online and its called: www.zenredsalonbangkok.com

I've actually been a few times and i send my friends and family there when they are over for a visit, worth a look at - its not expensive either.