Bonanza (Advice Needed)

SumetCycle

I'm going on a tour to Kao Yai Sponsored by Honda Big Wing this coming weekend. One of the planned events is a track day at Bonanza. Other than training, this will be my first time riding on a track. I was wondering if more experienced riders could give me some advice. Specifically about the conditions there, what to do, and what not to do. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

It's a beautiful track and has one of / or the longest straight in Thailand. Beautiful scenery, not that you'll be looking at that too much when wizzing around the track.

I have attended several Kawasaki meetings there and have watched (didn't have leathers… Not that you need them to enter…) others buzz around. The whole track looks smooth and no one had anything bad to report back from the 3 trips I’ve had out there this year..

The track does get used alot by cars and pick-up trucks, so there might be a racing line to steer clear of.

As others have said (and i know you know this) take it all at your own pace and don't get too involved in trying to pass someone.

Also make sure you give yourself some 'run off' space, as you never know what the bike in front of your tyre is going to do, as most people at these kind of events are amateurs and might let off the throttle or brake mid corner...... :S

If you haven’t done so already it might be worth watching this before going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpnJvqBe-s