Pattaya Police Preparing For High Tourist Season

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Preparing for High Tourist Season

PATTAYA:--Pattaya police are starting to gear up for the approaching high season of visiting tourists. They are increasing night patrols and will use more police volunteers. Police have checked out more than 1,000 prostitutes and ladyboys in ongoing monitoring to help prevent crimes against tourists.

Pol. Col. Panthana Noochanart, Acting Superintendent, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province, announced that with the peak tourist season approaching in the festive holiday months, the Pattaya police force is making adjustments in anticipation of the increased activity.

He has arranged for officers in every unit to spend more time on the streets enforcing traffic laws, and also to help subdue crime in the area. Because the Pattaya police station has seen a reduction in forces from 500 to only 300 police officers, more volunteer police were asked to join them.

To deal with traffic, more police will be on the streets during evenings, when more vehicles are on the roads compared to daylight hours.

For dealing with crime reduction, Pol. Col. Panthana mentioned recent efforts by the Pattaya government to improve the scenery of Pattaya beach, such as trimming trees to provide more illumination in darker areas.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/08/18/pattaya-police-preparing-for-high-tourist-season/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-08-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

well they are certainly out in foce on the raod checks, one after the other, my friend arrived on Friday hired a bike thinking his UK licence was OK and got stopped twice in 1 hour and forked out 11000 baht. some official some straight in the pocket of the cop.. Biked is now parked up and he wont be returning to Pattaya. If now is not low season and the coming months i dont know what is. Entertainment area's are dead and will be through September, October and November. Not sure what high season they are on about.

Preparing for high season, he is down at the showroom right now to order his new hilux, wondering if there is a cash discount.

Mia noi has been to the gold shop to pick out some new 5 baht wrist pieces.

Kids school fees on hold til end of high season.

Preparing for high season, he is down at the showroom right now to order his new hilux, wondering if there is a cash discount.

Mia noi has been to the gold shop to pick out some new 5 baht wrist pieces.

Kids school fees on hold til end of high season.

Spot on brother.

What sticks in my throat, is the complicity of the English languge press in continuing to report this <deleted> verbatim.

When are they going to wise-up and start, even a tiny bit, to serve their readers and follow journalistic standards in the rest of the world and point-out that the police force in Pattaya is not what it seems. Just a few editorials on the problems, or follow-ups on some of their incident reports and possibly an attempt to follow the money.

The entire lot seem to be mere cheer-leaders for the Soi 9 'operation'. I think that the people that work, live and visit Pattaya deserve better.

• Like 1

Firstly I think that's a typing error ... 11,000 baht ?

Secondly, the official fine is 400 baht and with a receipt from Soi 9 you can show that for a few days and be OK.

yes sorry 1100, unofficially he was stopped the second time showed the receipt from first check so the police man just asked he give money to him, which he did and put in his pocket with no receipt being given.

His fault though under the misconception UK licence is ok which it is not i beleive. However in Phuket and Samui he has used it.