Understanding The Thai Lottery

krisb

OK, how does it work? Yes I know you buy a ticket from the vendors and you gotta get the numbers, but I cant work out why there are so many numbers for the results. My mrs sat down one time to get the numbers and approx an hour later had them all. Also do they call the numbers out in front of a live audience? I was listening and could hear the ooohs and aaaahs in the background. The wifes tried to explain but Im still confused!

Can someone fill me in please!unsure.png

If you understand how it works, you won't play it as the odds:prizes ratio is terrible.

The underground version, that appears to be not very underground, is significantly better, uses the same draw numbers but different system of purchasing numbers.

• Like 1

If you understand how it works, you won't play it as the odds:prizes ratio is terrible.

The underground version, that appears to be not very underground, is significantly better, uses the same draw numbers but different system of purchasing numbers.

I agree - I read about the low prize ratio once, I can't find it to link to, but you're right; a very small percentage is paid out as prizes.

I agree - I read about the low prize ratio once, I can't find it to link to, but you're right; a very small percentage is paid out as prizes.

haha the underground lotto guys. I met 1 of these chaps in the village it was obvious he was upto something when his eyes start looking around to see if hes being watched. I asked my wife whats goin on she says "ssssh, hes in the ground." it cracked me up but I knew what was goin on.

First select double digit or two numbers in the most bizzare or random fashion possible, then proceed to justify this choice.

Proceed onward to buy lotto ticket with these numbers appearing as the last two digits on the ticket.

Place ticket in prime position near indoor shrine and wait.

When lotto is drawn, pay for result sheet and proceed with ever declining expectations to check that, once again, you haven't won.

Phone sisters and brothers to endlessly lament your lack of good fortune.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

You forgot the bit where if you do win 2000 baht you phone so many friends to let them know that you spend 2150 on the phone calls and sms's.

• Like 2

What always surprises me is the high cost of the ticket. 100 baht. For many thais that is nearly half a days pay. It's like someone in the west paying $30 for a ticket.

Id say even more. Issan farmers thats nearly half days pay 100baht.

it costs 100 bcaz it has 2 ticket with the same number. So if your number wins something, you will receive 2x the amount

Isnt that 200 if you want 2 tickets? Thought it was 100 for 1.

They do it all manually !!!

So big chances it is fixed !! (different texture on the balls, different weight, different temp etc.

The price is 40 Baht it says in print, now they even want 120 Baht for 2 !!!!!

Out of the 40 Baht they already get some commission, so because they only want to work a few days each 2 weeks we have to pay overprice !

Can Tesco also write 40 Baht on the milk and charge 60 when you want to pay ???? (I know DoHome and HomePro do it this way, different prices on the shelves then in their computers, and you always loose )!!!

The Thai lottery is a tax on the stupid. Tickets are 40 baht each, they come in pairs, so that is 100 baht for two, 40 plus 40 is 100, no one wins the big prize, ever, someone wins 20k , this news is spread around the country, sales go up, Good luck.

Each ticket has the same number twice , So if your number wins,...and i think 1st prize is 2 or 3 mill ,...then you get double. Buying from a street hawker you will pay an extra 10-20 baht commission . They have several winning combos,....most common,...last 2 numbers, then last 3 is worth more and a whole stack of prizes of decreasing value for the whole number. First time i played i won 4000,...played many times since and nothing. I have had much better luck at home in Oz.

First select double digit or two numbers in the most bizzare or random fashion possible, then proceed to justify this choice.

More than once I caught my wife decyphering the baby's babblings for lottery secrets. More recently, a relative had a big win on the numbers delivered by a couple of the recently deceased in a dream. She had relayed the lucky info hither and yon, and all the winners congregated for an extendend celebration. All beneficiaries conveyed a gratuity to the dreamer. Hmmm.

Talk of the town was the fact that the winnings were delivered by a farang.

There is a lottery drawing twice a month on the 1st and 16th, unless those fall on a holiday, in which case the date is pushed out.

The drawing is done live. http://www.lottosanook.com/

There are different levels of prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, for the full six-digits. http://www.lottosano...1655-check.html

There are also prizes for matching the last two digits of your six digit number (one single two digit number per drawing), and three digits (four of these per drawing).

There are also multipliers for the top prize, based on the two digits on the bottom center of the ticket. Not so long ago I think a Thai women hit the multiplier for a 34 million pay-out?

The underground lotteries are usually based off the two or three digit picks based on either the last two or three digits of the single official lottery top prize winning number, or based on the official two and three digit picks.

Wholesale price is 40/80 baht (I think), retail price varies but averages 100 baht (for a single 80 baht 2-pack).

I think the base top prize is 1 million, or 2 million for a 2-pack, before any bonus multipliers.

Edited by lomatopo

More than once I caught my wife decyphering the baby's babblings for lottery secrets. More recently, a relative had a big win on the numbers delivered by a couple of the recently deceased in a dream. She had relayed the lucky info hither and yon, and all the winners congregated for an extendend celebration. All beneficiaries conveyed a gratuity to the dreamer. Hmmm.

Talk of the town was the fact that the winnings were delivered by a farang.

Our hire car number plate was a quite random one for me to wrestle with, couldn't think how me paying 20k to hire a car made its bloody number plate lucky, but there you go, you gotta love em eh smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Thai lottery is a tax on the stupid. Tickets are 40 baht each, they come in pairs, so that is 100 baht for two, 40 plus 40 is 100, no one wins the big prize, ever, someone wins 20k , this news is spread around the country, sales go up, Good luck.

Nonsense, i know a Ladyman that worked at Pattaya City Hall that won 28 Million Baht last year, and just yesterday a man in Chaing Mai had 9 pairs of winning tickets - 36 Million baht, but he was on the TV this morning telling everybody that he is going to say he only had one winning ticket so as people do not come asking for money - doh!!