Getting Workpermit As Employer.

Fan007

Hi,

A friend of mine and me have the same buisness and we want to create a company in Thailand.

The company is build with 3 people. Himself as the Company Owner, his Girlfirend who owns 51 % and Me. (sharing the 49% with my friend)

My friend told me , that My buisness can run under his company as a sub company. Meaning, that its all under one Roof. I pay my taxes with my company and he pays with his and its all One company with seperate names.

Question is: How does it work with the Workpermit? Do we need any thai employees?

Can he AND I get a Workpermit? What would the requirements be? How much would it cost?

The imortant thing is, that no Thai person can work with us because of the language barrier. We talk to European clients and German speaking customers.

Sub companies are legal, brokerage, real estate, accounting, office rental, but there only advantage to having one is there is only one audit. However, it is possible that potential disputes could arise, for example if the sub company is profitable and the main company is not. Or if there is a falling out with your friend and you try to pull the subcompany out and your friend won't allow it as it is considered assets of the main company.

You need 4 Thai employees and 2 million Baht of registered capital (1 million if your spouse is Thai) for one work permit. So two work permits would require 8 employees and 4 million Baht in registerd capital.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]