Vw Bus Bar For Sale?

scottyp1980

used to export buses back to the uk before the pound went south and there are no websites selling cocktail buses and not many selling normal buses, you can try the samba.com but not usually much on there from Thailand. My best advice is find a bus you like and just ask them if they are interested in selling it, I brought several this way.

used to export buses back to the uk before the pound went south and there are no websites selling cocktail buses and not many selling normal buses, you can try the samba.com but not usually much on there from Thailand. My best advice is find a bus you like and just ask them if they are interested in selling it, I brought several this way.

How much did you make per cocktail bus? How easy was it to export/import and ship? What was the THB/GBP exchange rate at the time.

Best place to find the base unit is www.taladrod.com. It is in Thai only but go to the left hand column and down past the 4 single line entries where you will see a group of 4 featured cars, below which are two lines of Thai and a search button. Click on the top one for brand and the lower one for model.

Getting the bus modified - there are a lot of places along Rangsit head out past Don Muang where vehicle mods can be done, also along the Bang Na Trad road between the Bang Pa In and Bang Bo areas (Volvo, Caterpillar area, both sides of the road etc).

How much did you make per cocktail bus? How easy was it to export/import and ship? What was the THB/GBP exchange rate at the time.

The simple answer to all these questions is I have shut down this particular business and would not consider doing it again until the pound was over 65 to the baht, I was lucky when I first started it was over 74. I used to make roughly 30% on each bus (depending on model and how rare it was) but all the profit has been swallowed up by the poor exchange rate. It was fairly easy to ship and have a great and very cheap shipping agent but all that being said its still not worth doing at the moment but do look forward to when it can be started again. If for whatever reason you want more info the feel free to p.m me but if you are looking at this with a view to a business I would suggest you are barking up the wrong tree.

p.s on another note I did go and see 1 of my ex suppliers a couple weeks back as I was looking for a crew cab for A customer of mine in Japan, he had a 1969 water mellon bus as they call it over here for sale in moderate condition for 250k which I suspect I could have got for 220k if I was interested which I wasn't. Hope it gives you some idea.

• 1 year later...

p.s on another note I did go and see 1 of my ex suppliers a couple weeks back as I was looking for a crew cab for A customer of mine in Japan, he had a 1969 water mellon bus as they call it over here for sale in moderate condition for 250k which I suspect I could have got for 220k if I was interested which I wasn't. Hope it gives you some idea.

Hi Jeremy: I am interested in purchasing one of these buses. Any suggestions. I plan on making a trip to Bangkok to make arrangements. Should I get a new custom bus or just offer to buy a pre-existing one off the street? Any suggestions, thanks.