Divorced Us Citizen (With Child Support) And Marriage To Thai Girl

greg1979

Hello,

My Name is Greg , I'm a US Citizen. I have a simple question. I have been divorced in US and I pay child support, can I marry in Thailand?

The marriage affidavit asks if I have any dependents, is child support considered dependent? Can someone please clear this up for me.

The marriage affidavit form from US Embassy asks this on part : 5. I do not have dependents or support other persons.

I pay child support for the 2 children from my previous marriage , are they considered dependents ? Does this prevent me from marriage in Thailand ?

Can somebody please clarify this for me.

Thank You.

Greg S.

Edited by greg1979

Thank You for quick reply. I'm current with my child support. I would not dare skip a payment to my kids. I love my two sons. My first marriage failed (cheating wife) but I love the little guys to death and one day when they are older I plan to take them to Thailand with me. I want to do everything by the book because I want my Thai girl (wife soon to be) to come to the states with me. This is something she wants as well. I think I'm a lucky guy. Most people I read about go to Thailand to meet their girlfriends or wives. I'm different, my love came to me. My work has contract manufacturing with a company in Thailand, so she was sent over with a group of 12 Thais to train in US on our product and that is how we met. I visited her in Thailand twice and she came to states twice on her H1/B2 visa. I read some horror stories about foreign man getting married with Thai girls and the horror that follows but this is different. She is no bar girl :) comes from small family, has a younger brother who is married already. She is a very modest, working woman with a very good heart. I sent email to the US embassy in Bangkok to clarify this for me as well, when I get a response I'll post it here for others to learn.

Greg,