Govt Mulls Pre-Packed Lunch Boxes For High Speed Trains; Sees New Market For Upscale Travelers

webfact

if you fly upscale (THAI) and not some cheapo air you will see how much the local people like those pre-packed lunch boxes.

I dont think the lunch boxes are going to be packed with som tom, bbq chicken liver and sticky rice.
you are obviously not flying upscale or you would know.

the locals don't even touch the lunch boxes. the stewardesses will give them an extra bag so they can take it home as a gift for their loved ones.

Comedian you are not, a strange individual, for sure.
sticky rice & somtom jokes typical come with a boing boing sound. i am not that kind of funny guy.
  • Like 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ZhouZhou-------------Upscale travellers will FLY not usually use the train, arriving in a fifth of the time. They will then get their box of goodies in flight, not like you need them on a 50 minute journey. If you have money people do NOT use lesser transport. Plus the fact they will not want to travel with stops to unload vegetables at each station as mentioned by Yingluck---produce to the farmers quickly.

Z Z, Perhaps you should read the op. Does not sound like Fillet Mignon, Lobster tail, and Caviar.

BANGKOK, Aug 22 - Prime Minister Yingluck
Shinawatra has assigned a government agency to create a special lunch
box for use the yet-to-introduced high speed train, which will carry
priority travelers to various locations.

Government
spokesperson Sansanee Nakpong said the premier asked the Thailand
Creative and Design Centre (TCDC) to imagine well ahead of the existence
of the high speed train in Thailand selling OTOP (One Tambon One
Product) products to passengers, perhaps like in-flight sales on
airlines.

Citing the Japanese omnipresent bento or home-packed
meal in some venues, Ms Yingluck reportedly said she would discuss the
idea with Chumpol Silapa-archa, deputy prime minister and minister of
tourism and sports. Selling OTOP products aboard Thailand's high speed
train would give a lot of visibility to the nation's handcrafts and
local-level manufactures.

Ms Sansanee envisioned the launch of
the lunch box, patterned after Thailand's tradition pinto or multi-level
portable food container, at the tourist-oriented Hua Hin railway
station.

The TCDC has joined with the Prime Minister’s Office to
demonstrate the Thai pinto at the 2012 OTOP Midyear Fair this week, Aug
18-25.

Ms Sansanee said the prime minister urged the Cabinet to
attend the event in order to be updated on new innovations and products
created by Thai people.

• Like 1

With Upscale travellers in mind for the pre-packed, freshly delivered (by HSR) lunch boxes, I wonder why we never saw a picture of these boxes. I mean, surely a beautiful opportunity to promote Thailand in general and OTOP goods particularly. Mind you with the first line being opened any decade after 2014 one may postpone producing the boxes in order to be able to engrave them with up-to-date Thai culture and thingies and so.

if you fly upscale (THAI) and not some cheapo air you will see how much the local people like those pre-packed lunch boxes.
I dont think the lunch boxes are going to be packed with som tom, bbq chicken liver and sticky rice.
you are obviously not flying upscale or you would know.

the locals don't even touch the lunch boxes. the stewardesses will give them an extra bag so they can take it home as a gift for their loved ones.

Well, if no one opens the bloody luncheon box, who would know the contents of the sodding box. Furthermore if the bloody box isn't opened how do you know it sodding contents would make a sodding nice gift to loved ones blink.png

Hope they do not start filling the food boxes now for use on the train.......2090 is a long time after their expiry date.

Don't be silly, there will be new warehouse's to store the food and and the government will fix the price so that the food makers get a good salary, oh and like the rice scam, I mean scheme! it won't be sold because the price is too high!

So you thought you'd find something to add to the train debate and even took the time to trawl out a thread that last saw the daylight back in August last year - and you came up with the above.

Well done, no seriously, well done .

Well actually no. Sorry to disapoint you but it was a spur of the moment comment with total lack of any knowledge with regard to which ever topic you think I may have trawled! But thank you very mut mutley, for thinking I'm that intelligent.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Will they refrigerate the food on the trains or let it sit in the heat and fester like they do with food on the busses (even upscale ones)?

Would not trust it as Thais are good at many things, but, quite the opposite of the Japanese, food safety is NOT one of them.