Stock In Thai Companies

Earlier today I noticed the price of foreign company's shares rocketing on its home exhange, on the back of a good quarterly report regarding its business in Thailand. It is by no means the only company successfully working with a Thai company in Thailand, and at least some of the Thai partners must be listed companies.

This led me to wonder whether anyone knew of any experiences, positive or negative, foreigners had had as a result of splitting investment in a jointly owned Thai business across the two companies, on both exchanges, rather than investing in the same company by buying into one comapny or the other on a single exchange.

Or is this a dumb question?

I've never had a lot to do with sharemarkets, let alone anything to do with Thai equities. About all I know is that there is some special category of shares foreigner investors are permitted to hold in Thai companies, and that like investing in forex, investing in shares is always gambling. Anytime, anywhere. The only things that change are the odds for and against losing the lot.