retyrd

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear OP

There is no reason for any members of the family to work while you are, to be honest, an easy touch or so it seems, it's time to toughen up.

How old are you and your wife? Is this one of those older man falling for a young lady scenario?

It certainly sounds that way.

I think you have woken up and as they say, smelt the coffee.

send no more money, if you can, when she takes that $13k ring off, put it in your pocket and then plead inoicence when she asks where it it, then blame her for mislaying it,

IMO it's time for you to turn up the heat and start the 'new' game.

If she has Thai gold in the US, when she is not wearing it or not around, grab it and hide it, remember it's currency that you can sell in a week/year etc.

Now is the time to win the war, you have lost the initial battle but the true assault is about to commence.

Tell her what you need her to know. Give no money, but no tickets, be smart now, it is you time to shine here, she'll realise after a while that you have cottoned on to what she is about, you have been swindled, that's the past, the future is bright and remember this, you still have ( i hope) cash and assets that you have not exhausted.

Be smart, stay cool now and play your game.

Get back what you can, it may take time but time you have.

Plus, when she is in the US with you, have a much sex as you can, sex her to death, take photos etc. Seriously, then post on internet when all is finished and post the link to her and others you know!

It's a nasty business but nasty is what is needed.

Good luck and update with results.

when I gave dowery I never heard anything again. So yesterday when she brought up new demands I asked about what happened to dowery because I hear many family give back to bride and groom. She said her mom kept the gold and she used the 250k on house and whatever. So the only thing I can get back is our wedding ring.

awesome advice breadbin. I will let you guys know how this plays out.

She has a point. You can't rent anywhere in Thailand for $1000 a month especially in Esarn. $4000 per month just for rent I'm afraid and that's just for a shack.

You can't be serious, $1000 is over 30,000 Baht. 120,000 Baht for a shack?

Inflation is getting to us all.

Certainly is.

OP you sound awesome. I am a straight early thirties straight male but for what you have on offer Satan's alley doesn't sound so bad.

On a serious note my squeeze recently brought up putting her father in a new business to which I suggested she sell her flash motor and get a Honda wave. Cue her leaving as intended for a better offer!

• Like 1

She tell me she can thank him for negotiating a good deal for her and I already pay 250000 baht dowery and 10 baht gold and still owe 250000 and she wants to know when she gets it

A Sinsod is agreed prior to the wedding. If you have agreed to such a marital arrangement, sinsod payments should go to the parents and not to the spouse.

If your wife demands an increase of upkeep payments that is not a scam, regardless whether it is a reasonable demand or not.

Edited by Morakot

Just pack your bags and walk, life is too short and time is too precious to waste it on trying to get even etc. Put it down as a very very expensive lesson then get on and enjoy life.

I want to and will but you know we men have big egos and I want to do it my way.

Make promises to give her more - Not directly, rather start suggesting that you think you ought to build a bigger house and perhaps buy some land to plant rubber trees on. Make a list of stuff you'll need, add a pick-up truck and tell her you think it a good idea to buy a pick-up truck for the house build/farm so that you don't have to pay someone else to haul your stuff.

Plant the seed of hope that there is going to be more money, nurture the green shoots of her greed, let it it grow to its full height and watch the expectation of the fruit being picked.

Then run.

And leave her to explain the failed expectations she's already told all her friends and family about.

better yet, plant the seed, then have the family stump up a depisit for the truck, break ground on the house etc, then do a runner

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

Plant the seed of hope that there is going to be more money, nurture the green shoots of her greed, let it it grow to its full height and watch the expectation of the fruit being picked.

Then run.

And leave her to explain the failed expectations she's already told all her friends and family about.

better yet, plant the seed, then have the family stump up a depisit for the truck, break ground on the house etc, then do a runner

Why not simply say: "No, I'm not happy to give you a lot of money". And as you kiss her goodbye for the last time, gently tell her: "It was good when we first met."

Edited by Morakot

Then run.

Why not simply say: "No, I'm not happy to give you a lot of money". And as you kiss her goodbye for the last time, gently tell her: "It was good when we first met."

yer no fun, but that works too

yeah...good thing I have plenty of money but I am done giving it away. The 10 baht gold was 250000 baht 500000 baht in cash and of course I forgot to mention the 13k usd ring. I never in my life saw people like this. Worship money. Its sad.

It's more sad when the greedy ones demand it,and actually get it!................go now,while you still have something left,you owe her and the family nothing!

yeah...good thing I have plenty of money but I am done giving it away. The 10 baht gold was 250000 baht 500000 baht in cash and of course I forgot to mention the 13k usd ring. I never in my life saw people like this. Worship money. Its sad.

What's sadder is people who get taken to the cleaners like this...actually ....no...it's funny

It's more sad when the greedy ones demand it,and actually get it!

Yeah the current crop of victims can thank the mugs who came before and shelled out a lottery win to a bunch of ungrateful shitkickers rather than saying " You must be bloody joking!"

The bush telegraph soon spread the word around certain elements of Thai society that westerners are a soft touch.

talk about a fool and his money,its about time the mods banned these tales of wo,my mrs.just read it and looked at me as if to say where did i go wrong,if the op wants some advice keep paying otherwise she will take you to the court of human rights.cheesy.gif

talk about a fool and his money,its about time the mods banned these tales of wo,my mrs.just read it and looked at me as if to say where did i go wrong,if the op wants some advice keep paying otherwise she will take you to the court of human rights.cheesy.gif

If she gets a Western divorce, she will receive much more than a little Sinsod and gold. That's what the OP has to worry and plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Make promises to give her more - Not directly, rather start suggesting that you think you ought to build a bigger house and perhaps buy some land to plant rubber trees on. Make a list of stuff you'll need, add a pick-up truck and tell her you think it a good idea to buy a pick-up truck for the house build/farm so that you don't have to pay someone else to haul your stuff.

Then run.

GH, dam_n you're good. Nasty, but good.

• Like 1